The player who left thread | Page 82 | Vital Football

The player who left thread

Yup stadium or stand or training ground sponsorship is 100% fair game mate.

Do you want bank on that again Yank?

Don’t wanna bank on anything, just want some positivity back, so sick of negative everything with the Villa.

I mean fuck sake, we win a preseason match 4-1 and we’re still shit apparently cuz it don’t matter. Yet if we drew or lost we’d be shit because we drew or lost.

Ridiculous to me, fucking learn to be happy and support the team. The “I do support the team but I’m allowed to voice my opinion” shit don’t fly with me when all that’s spouted is negative dross no matter what happens

No, that's investment into the club and/or Xia - it's not football related activity therein means fuck all MON mate.

Think of it in terms of the Holte Pub - Match day revenue in the pub counts towards FFP as consumables sales as it's related to 'match day' action. Holte pub every other day of the week counts towards our 'accounts' and 'cash flow' and overall club revenue BUT does not count towards FFP revenue because it's no longer revenue based on ongoing football operation.
not entirely sure that equity investment into a football club purchase wouldn't count but hey ho - we now have a couple of billionaires and their lawyers who can argue the toss.
(in the above I guess it's whether buying the pub counts or not rather than revenue).

So just need to get a couple of lucrative sponsorships (at market rates nat.) done and good to go:
Egyptian mobility scooters are proud to invest - kerching etc

utv

Don’t wanna bank on anything, just want some positivity back, so sick of negative everything with the Villa.

I mean fuck sake, we win a preseason match 4-1 and we’re still shit apparently cuz it don’t matter. Yet if we drew or lost we’d be shit because we drew or lost.

Ridiculous to me, fucking learn to be happy and support the team. The “I do support the team but I’m allowed to voice my opinion” shit don’t fly with me when all that’s spouted is negative dross no matter what happens
Good God man calm down, you'll give yourself a Birmingham!

It's called being sensible chap. Whether it's uttered or not, we are Villa, they are players with egos, promotion will be the aim....but it's stupid to bank on promotion as a get out clause again. That's not, not supporting the team, it's just realistic.

not entirely sure that equity investment into a football club purchase wouldn't count but hey ho - we now have a couple of billionaires and their lawyers who can argue the toss.
(in the above I guess it's whether buying the pub counts or not rather than revenue).

So just need to get a couple of lucrative sponsorships (at market rates nat.) done and good to go:
Egyptian mobility scooters are proud to invest - kerching etc

utv
It doesn't 100% mate. Investment in equity is not a football related activity therefore counts for nothing under FFP. Their lawyers can't argue, this has been adopted by member clubs of the Prem and EFL. It is what it is.

Doesn't matter on the pub analogy, we can buy the pub outright (just like only match day revenue would count/only matchday cost of buying would count), or we could build it from scratch and the same calculation is true - it's actually possible the 'cost' of providing the pub is exempt from FFP leaving only the profit.

But yes 100% sponsorship deals are fair game and easy cash. It's why I keep saying now we find out if our new owners can think outside the box. For example (and I hate saying this) we don't have a sleeve sponsor do we - we don't have a back of shirt sponsor.

Good God man calm down, you'll give yourself a Birmingham!

It's called being sensible chap. Whether it's uttered or not, we are Villa, they are players with egos, promotion will be the aim....but it's stupid to bank on promotion as a get out clause again. That's not, not supporting the team, it's just realistic.

But you can keep Grealish without banking on promotion. I’m not saying throw all the chips on the table with promotion or bust, I’m saying with a cash injection it’s stupid to sell our best player.

I’m also, admittedly, carrying over frustration from other threads where people are looking to every excuse possible to be negative.

Yep, if this allows us to keep Grealish, and Chester etc, by some means, all to the good. Whatever.

Injection of capital does have one impact on FFP, quite a big one. It allows us to have a loss of £13m for the coming season. Without it, we're restricted to £5m loss.

Have I said otherwise re Grealish, I've stated we are now in a stronger position to keep him.

But we have no cash injection for FFP purposes though.

Unless the new owners do what I want, which is go left field and outside the box, our answer remains sales.

If we go promotion or bust we are fucked. We lose leeway under FFP.

If we continue to rein in and improve we get leeway from FFP, but without left field thinking, again sales are the only way to avoid the hole.

There's no reason to be positive, there's no reason to be negative - it is what it is - we have new owners but short of cash flow, nothing has changed dude.

Yep, if this allows us to keep Grealish, and Chester etc, by some means, all to the good. Whatever.

Injection of capital does have one impact on FFP, quite a big one. It allows us to have a loss of £13m for the coming season. Without it, we're restricted to £5m loss.
Good point actually - but again as of yet we have no injection.

Have I said otherwise re Grealish, I've stated we are now in a stronger position to keep him.

But we have no cash injection for FFP purposes though.

Unless the new owners do what I want, which is go left field and outside the box, our answer remains sales.

If we go promotion or bust we are fucked. We lose leeway under FFP.

If we continue to rein in and improve we get leeway from FFP, but without left field thinking, again sales are the only way to avoid the hole.

There's no reason to be positive, there's no reason to be negative - it is what it is - we have new owners but short of cash flow, nothing has changed dude.

Mike, don’t think we’re on the same page, I’m not calling you negative nor am I saying you’ve said anything wrong regarding Grealish.

I agree with you creative is the way to go, especially if it helps us save Jack. I’ve been commenting on the general negative atmosphere.

Telling Levy to fuck off and keeping Jack isn’t saying to gamble everything. It’s saying be smart and not immediately assume the worst case scenario all the time

I was beginning to think the same looking back - long day and I type off the cuff, so think I might have misunderstood - not the first time mate, so apologies!

Long day, think I might back out now lol

I was beginning to think the same looking back - long day and I type off the cuff, so think I might have misunderstood - not the first time mate, so apologies!

Long day, think I might back out now lol

No apologies needed, we’re both passionate about the club, that’s all that matters in the long run

Top man, but on the off chance I've been a dick I'll apologise. Shall we resume sparing tomorrow when I'm more with it! lol

Have a good evening dude, I'll catch you over the weekend.

Not a dick at all, hopefully this time tomorrow we’re chatting about another injury free 90 minutes of thorough domination

A report in the paper today says that Levy may already be regretting dragging his heels over Jack. He was counting on our desperation to do a cut price, last minute deal. That desperation has now faded away so his position is weaker.

A report in the paper today says that Levy may already be regretting dragging his heels over Jack. He was counting on our desperation to do a cut price, last minute deal. That desperation has now faded away so his position is weaker.
People go on like Levy is some sort of football business messiah for the benefit of Spurs but over the years he has made lots of poor decisions and hopefully this is another one.

I don't think Spurs should sign him, he's nothing but trouble and I'm about to publish an article to prove that.

Did you know that he hunts dolphins and kills unicorns?

His calf muscles aren't real, they are implants.

he is actually bald as a coot and has had plastic surgery, he's 34 if he's a day.

It's all a con.

I don't think Spurs should sign him, he's nothing but trouble and I'm about to publish an article to prove that.

Did you know that he hunts dolphins and kills unicorns?

His calf muscles aren't real, they are implants.

he is actually bald as a coot and has had plastic surgery, he's 34 if he's a day.

It's all a con.
Never seen you and him in the same room.

I hope he does go and for hopefully a good sum, he is wasted in that team and it would be a crime for him not to develop his talents under a better manager in a better team in a superior league.