The player who left thread | Page 145 | Vital Football

The player who left thread

The whole team is playing a few percent below best, as it adjusts to the PL and the players adjust to each other. That's what you'd expect. It affects the players individually. I think Jack's doing a great job under the circumstances, always looking to play players in. That goal of Luiz was sheer class, but so was the assist from Jack; great vision.

Wonder if people are expecting too much if they expect Jack to be "like last season". To me he's doing fine, apart from the odd error (which was there last season as well).

He's playing in a different team, in a much better team. His role has changed, and I think for the better. Remember how he was criticised last season for trying to do too much. We now have players who can take some of the creative load, and I think his performances have matured as a result. He's still running a lot of the game but he doesn't try to be everywhere. We're a better team for it.

Liked how he didn't roll about on Friday, that had got too much. What I loved about him in the early days was he was straight back up and at it.

His quick free kick resulted in a goal.
I think he's matured, and also has seen that the style of play in terms of quick free-kicks, is effective. I imagine there will be games where the coaching staff will want to slow things down so he'll be taking his time....:grinning:

It looks like a tactic of ours to take quick free kicks. Their manager said they were aware of it but switched off for Wesleys goal , and numerous other times we were stopped by them standing over the ball.

Refreshing to have a coaching staff ahead of the curve really.

It looks like a tactic of ours to take quick free kicks. Their manager said they were aware of it but switched off for Wesleys goal , and numerous other times we were stopped by them standing over the ball.

Refreshing to have a coaching staff ahead of the curve really.
A lot of yellow cards should be handed out for standing in front of the ball. Hope the refs enforce this, will make a huge difference if 6 opposing players are carrying yellows during a game and that can easily turn to red.

Wonder if people are expecting too much if they expect Jack to be "like last season". To me he's doing fine, apart from the odd error (which was there last season as well).

Absolutely and what some wont take into account is we've bought a lot of players and a lot of integration is needed. There is the step up in levels, there is some lack of experience and both manager and players are finding their feet at this level.

I said it before the purchase of Wesley seems to be to be a dose of reality that we may need to go long because we simply don't have the quality to play out from the back against the majority of teams in the league. If this is the case and we're having less possession and less short passes of course Jacks game will suffer.

Having seen once again how shite Ross Barkley is I can't believe how anyone could justify Jack Not being in ahead of him. And Harry Winks who is fecking useless.

Having seen once again how shite Ross Barkley is I can't believe how anyone could justify Jack Not being in ahead of him. And Harry Winks who is fecking useless.

Mmm....

Jack has been in a team that has lost 3 out of 4 games so far. Jack has played the last 3 seasons in the championship. Jack has not quite performed to the high levels he set himself. Although , again, those levels were in the Championship.

If we are all honest with ourselves if we supported another club and we saw Jack getting picked for England at this stage of the season I think we would be deriding the selection but we all have claret and blue specs. Although we all now how special he can be so we are better placed than others to judge. And I am not defending the selections of Mount, Barkley at all I'm just purely talking about Jack.

Not being negative just how I see it. I love Jack, think he is special and should be the first name on the team sheet. His first touch is the best I have seen at VP from a villa player and is proper man crush material.
But on the evidence so far this season (and he has been good but not international good) I can see why an independent person without claret and blue specs has not selected him this time.

The Jack we see at the moment is the Jack playing in a team which is still finding its feet. Same applies to McGinn. Neither has quite reached to heights of last season yet, but it's due to the situation they find themselves in. Stick Jack in the England team and you'd see a better Jack. I can remember when he played for the England U21s and he ran the show.

That isn't to say he should be in the England team. But he should at least be in the squad.

Mmm....

Jack has been in a team that has lost 3 out of 4 games so far. Jack has played the last 3 seasons in the championship. Jack has not quite performed to the high levels he set himself. Although , again, those levels were in the Championship.

If we are all honest with ourselves if we supported another club and we saw Jack getting picked for England at this stage of the season I think we would be deriding the selection but we all have claret and blue specs. Although we all now how special he can be so we are better placed than others to judge. And I am not defending the selections of Mount, Barkley at all I'm just purely talking about Jack.

Not being negative just how I see it. I love Jack, think he is special and should be the first name on the team sheet. His first touch is the best I have seen at VP from a villa player and is proper man crush material.
But on the evidence so far this season (and he has been good but not international good) I can see why an independent person without claret and blue specs has not selected him this time.

All very good points melon but still the fact is Southgate is meant to pick the best English players. Personally I think Jack is better than Barkley and Winks therefore he should be picked ahead of them. Though admittedly I'll never take off my claret and blue specs.

All very good points melon but still the fact is Southgate is meant to pick the best English players. Personally I think Jack is better than Barkley and Winks therefore he should be picked ahead of them. Though admittedly I'll never take off my claret and blue specs.

I would agree with that but would have Maddison slightly ahead of Jack at the moment and he can not get in either