The player who left thread | Page 144 | Vital Football

The player who left thread

I would like some hair but Hayhoe

Snap :thumbup: Long time since 1973 when aged 12, I troubled my local barber with a picture of Bowie in Ziggy mode. He looked at me like I had trodden in something unpleasant when I told him I wanted it cut like that. o_O

Sadly, not paid for a haircut in about 25 years. :shake:

Does anyone else think that Jack looks like Ivor the Boneless who’s brother in turn looks like Connor

I only got to see the extended highlights of the Bournemouth game and he looked alright to me.

Been punished for avoidable mistakes, and whilst he's been no where near our 'worst player', he's easily still got another gear in him to match last season. Let alone the next gear we all hope he has to live up to his potential.

But as you say, it's his link play that's part of the buildup that goes unnoticed which is why people always talk goals/assists, but a lot of his game is the step before that.

I don't think there has been much criticism of Jack. A few of us pointed out that he hasn't been at his very best and some others suggested that he could be played on the left wing/forward position to replace the ineffective (so far) El Ghazi.

Been punished for avoidable mistakes, and whilst he's been no where near our 'worst player', he's easily still got another gear in him to match last season. Let alone the next gear we all hope he has to live up to his potential.

But as you say, it's his link play that's part of the buildup that goes unnoticed which is why people always talk goals/assists, but a lot of his game is the step before that.
He also allows people like SJM to be better. SJM without SJG in the team was not influential last season. In fact he looked average without Jack.

I wouldn't call stating he hasn't lived up to last season as criticism, as we all know there is an adjustment period anyway. His errors are part of that adjustment, it's just been Sod's Law that we've been roundly punished for those errors, so they stand out more.

It's more a reality than anything?

He also allows people like SJM to be better. SJM without SJG in the team was not influential last season. In fact he looked average without Jack.
Yup, be interesting to know how often McGinn benefits from Jack's early work in some ways Certainly got a good understanding though and long may that continue.

I wouldn't call stating he hasn't lived up to last season as criticism, as we all know there is an adjustment period anyway. His errors are part of that adjustment, it's just been Sod's Law that we've been roundly punished for those errors, so they stand out more.

It's more a reality than anything?
Second most influential passer to De Bruyne. Jeez we have high standards for the lad if he's "not living up to last season"

Yeah he has to get up to speed, as does the rest of the team, but that is an amazing stat when you consider we had the ball for 30% of the time v Spuds.

Second most influential passer to De Bruyne. Jeez we have high standards for the lad if he's "not living up to last season"

Yeah he has to get up to speed, as does the rest of the team, but that is an amazing stat when you consider we had the ball for 30% of the time v Spuds.

We certainly do have high standards for the lad. Most of us believe that he can rip up the PL in the way he did in the Championship at the end of last season.

Fact is he's not yet (for me). But, acknowledging how influential he has been, should give everyone confidence that as he adjusts to the speed more and gets that extra ounce of sharpness, that he can definitely kick on further and really shine.

That's why I don't see the comment as actually being a criticism, it's more relishing what could be to come.