The international Break thread.. | Page 7 | Vital Football

The international Break thread..

There's an article in The Times this morning suggesting Spurs may face a challenge from the international players’ union, Fifpro, if they fine Romero and Lo Celso.

"Tottenham Hotspur may face a challenge from players’ unions if they impose fines on their two Argentina internationals involved in last night’s abandoned match in Brazil.

Spurs players Giovani Lo Celso and Cristian Romero travelled to South America against the club’s wishes and Tottenham are expected to fine them for doing so.

However the international players’ union, Fifpro, is understood to be prepared to step in if the two Argentines want to challenge the fines on the basis that football’s rules state they should be released for international duty."

Various reports seem to indicate that these players travelled without the Club's permission. There can't be a much worse scenario than an expensive new signing sticking his fingers up at the Club before he's even played a PL game. As for Lo Celso, we should have got rid of him in the window in any case. Here we have a player who cannot play at PL level, can't last for more than sixty minutes on a football pitch, and now let's the Club paying his inflated wages know that his priorities lie elsewhere. There's too much of this goes on at the Club, sheltered employment for non performers, which can only stifle the Club's ability to progress.

Heung-min Son injury: Tottenham star suffers calf problem on international duty as key London derbies loom

VIEW COMMENTS

newFile-3.jpg

Heung-min Son played in South Korea’s goalless draw with Iraq in Seoul
/ Getty Images
By
Giuseppe Muro
32 minutes ago

Tottenham have an injury concern over Heung-min Son after he sustained a calf injury on international duty with South Korea.
The Korea Football Association [KFA] have said Son will miss their World Cup qualifier against Lebanon on Tuesday and the 29-year-old will now return to Spurs to be assessed.
Son played the full 90 minutes for South Korea in their 0-0 draw with Iraq on Thursday but the KFA say he has an issue with his right calf muscle.

The injury is a concern for Tottenham ahead of an important run of games this month.
Son is a doubt for Saturday’s lunchtime kick-off against Crystal Palace at Selhurst Park and Spurs also have London derbies coming up against rivals Chelsea on September 19 and then Arsenal on September 26.
er for Tottenham in their 1-0 victory against Manchester City on the opening day of the season and then against Watford before the international break.

Tottenham travel to Selhurst Park this weekend sitting top of the Premier League after three wins from their first three matches under new head coach Nuno Espirito Santo.

Various reports seem to indicate that these players travelled without the Club's permission. There can't be a much worse scenario than an expensive new signing sticking his fingers up at the Club before he's even played a PL game. As for Lo Celso, we should have got rid of him in the window in any case. Here we have a player who cannot play at PL level, can't last for more than sixty minutes on a football pitch, and now let's the Club paying his inflated wages know that his priorities lie elsewhere. There's too much of this goes on at the Club, sheltered employment for non performers, which can only stifle the Club's ability to progress.

I just don't believe the 3 Spurs players would just take the decision themselves and book flights. They must have been presented with a choice.

Call me old fashioned, but I won't ever knock any player for wanting to play for their country. That passion is clearly still ingrained in that South American culture and we should respect it.

This is a FIFA feck up. They are running a competition and tried to play chicken with government policies. FIFA's own policy even states that in-country associations can only take players in agreed windows, and need to have players returned to their clubs on certain dates. They should have known that was not possible before the fixture took place.

Everyone can surely see that the easiest way out here is to blame the players.

I just don't believe the 3 Spurs players would just take the decision themselves and book flights. They must have been presented with a choice.

Call me old fashioned, but I won't ever knock any player for wanting to play for their country. That passion is clearly still ingrained in that South American culture and we should respect it.

This is a FIFA feck up. They are running a competition and tried to play chicken with government policies. FIFA's own policy even states that in-country associations can only take players in agreed windows, and need to have players returned to their clubs on certain dates. They should have known that was not possible before the fixture took place.

Everyone can surely see that the easiest way out here is to blame the players.
Afraid I have to differ with you on this one Mutters.