The international Break thread.. | Page 11 | Vital Football

The international Break thread..

If ever a report/analysis rubbed in the tactical and substitute failings of Southgate, this has to be it.

That said, who could we replace him with (which I desperately want to do!)?

I didn't need that report to prove what I'd seen with my own eyes for years. It's really depressing knowing that we have a genuinely decent squad and a dickhead who can't do anything with it.

Also, no way Potter would leave the Brighton job to work for the FA. I'm still in favour of him at Spurs or England in the future. Nobody is surprised they're in the top 6.

Premier League players will be allowed to travel to red-list nations to represent their countries in this month's World Cup qualifiers - but only if they are fully vaccinated.
Players must adhere to a strict code of conduct regarding transport, close contacts, testing and bubbles.
They will have to quarantine in "bespoke facilities" for 10 days upon their arrival back in the UK.
They will be permitted to leave quarantine once a day to train or play.
"We have worked closely with football authorities to achieve an outcome that balances the interests of both club and country while maintaining the highest levels of public health and safety," said a government spokesperson.
"Our best defence against the virus is vaccination and these new measures will allow fully vaccinated players to fulfil their international duties in the safest, most practical way possible, while allowing them to train and play with their clubs as early as possible upon their return."
The UK government has relaxed Covid-19 regulations after the problems it caused during the September international break.
On that occasion, the Premier League decided not to release players, prompting a clash with football's world governing body Fifa, which had demanded individuals be allowed to travel and play.
Aston Villa and Tottenham did allow their Argentina internationals to represent their country for their World Cup qualifiers in South America.
However, it led to farcical scenes at the Brazil v Argentina game in Sao Paulo where the match was abandoned after five minutes when Brazilian health officials came on to the pitch to stop play, saying Argentina's four England-based players had to quarantine.
They returned via Croatia to avoid having to quarantine when arriving back in the UK.
In addition, eight Nigeria internationals based in the UK missed their country's second September World Cup qualifier in Cape Verde, while other UK-based African players could also not report for international duty.
Argentina and Brazil had already named Premier League players in their squads for October's qualifiers before the relaxation of the UK's quarantine rules for footballers.
Since Friday, Argentine nationals do not need to quarantine after arrival in the country from overseas, if they are vaccinated and test negative for Covid.
The Brazilian football federation, meanwhile, will have to reach a separate agreement with the country's health authority to exempt England-based players from quarantine on their arrival.
Currently, anyone travelling to Brazil from the UK must quarantine for 14 days when they arrive in the country.
Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp has criticised the new UK plan, saying it is not "properly thought through".
"It's 10 days' quarantine, allowed to play the games, allowed to go to work, not allowed to live at home but don't need to live in a hotel chosen by any authorities and you can choose it yourself. Food has to be delivered in front of your room door. You're not allowed any visitors," he said.
"That would mean for the players after the international break that they go for 10-12 days with their national teams and then they go another 10 days into quarantine away from their families. That's 22 days and two weeks later there is the next international break.
"It doesn't sound to me like a real solution."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58753489

Luckily for Spurs this new agreement should help our South American players. They will still have to "quarantine" for 10 days on return but can leave their quarantine to play matches or to train during this time...not sure how that can be still described as quarantining but sure that's why others are in charge of the country. I couldn't come out with statements like that with a straight face

So Argentina and Brazil play their last games on Friday 15th October. Colombia a day before.

We play newcastle on Sun 17th and Vitesse on Thurs 21st. With the new UK 5 day quarantine rules, that means that Sanhcez has a chance of playing against Vitesse. Gio, Romero and Royal can't play until West Ham on Sun 24th.

So this is interesting - https://www.deccanherald.com/sports...exemption-for-international-duty-1036280.html

The exemption will allow players who are fully vaccinated against coronavirus to continue training and playing in matches for their clubs. However, they will still be forced to stay in a hotel or private accommodation provided by the club on their own for 10 days and can only leave once a day to play or train.

Later it says

According to reports this week only seven of the 20 Premier League clubs have squads that are more than 50 percent fully vaccinated.

So assuming our South American internationals are vaccinated, they will miss the Newcastle game as they won't be back or will be jet lagged. However, there is a nuance appearing. How can any of them travel to Vitesse Arnhem if they are under UK quarantine? Surely they miss that one as it as an away game.

So it amounts to the same thing. The clubs lose their players for 2 games.

So this is interesting - https://www.deccanherald.com/sports...exemption-for-international-duty-1036280.html

The exemption will allow players who are fully vaccinated against coronavirus to continue training and playing in matches for their clubs. However, they will still be forced to stay in a hotel or private accommodation provided by the club on their own for 10 days and can only leave once a day to play or train.

Later it says

According to reports this week only seven of the 20 Premier League clubs have squads that are more than 50 percent fully vaccinated.

So assuming our South American internationals are vaccinated, they will miss the Newcastle game as they won't be back or will be jet lagged. However, there is a nuance appearing. How can any of them travel to Vitesse Arnhem if they are under UK quarantine? Surely they miss that one as it as an away game.

So it amounts to the same thing. The clubs lose their players for 2 games.
muttley, thanks for that....strange or what!

I read that about only 7 of the Prem clubs having more than 50% vaccinated in the Sunday Express.

I also read that Klopp said all players should be vaccinated like his beloved Liverpool are, he said it should be a law so as to protect everybody, If memory serves me correct he compared it to the Drink Drive Law!

Southgate is now totally winding me up.

Our idiot of a manager picks Reece James, who isn't even fit for water polo according to his club manager, and has to put Chilwell in afterwards as cover. The fact they play different positions is one thing but Southgate had only picked one left back anyway, to accomodate teachers pet Trippier as a 3rd right-back.

Would you be motivated to play for Southgate when he says this about you?

‘I said to Ben after the tournament [Euro 2020] that I knew it would have been a hard experience. What he must do now is fight to get back in,’

Gareth should know it was hard for the fans that were at Wembley knowing that a fresh Chilwell would have been just the ticket after seeing how Shaw had dominated his side. Seeing Luke cramp up and barely cross the half way at the end of 90 line was soul destroying as we went into extra time. To think we had a player like Chilwell not even named in the squad for most of the matches was a serious mistake and one that Mancini wouldn't have made. Nor would I.

It's these details that win you tournaments.

Southgate who has not selected Greenwood again and made up some stupid story about not picking Bellingham. The worst one is Ben White and Ben Godfrey. Both have had great starts to the campaign and were the ones that didn't quite make it in the 26 man squad. Maguire is now injured and who does Gareth select? Tomori, obviously. You couldn't make it up.

Hudson Odoi is now about to turn his back on England because Southgate couldn't give him a single cap within the last 3 years.

Southgate is an idiot.

Premier League players will be allowed to travel to red-list nations to represent their countries in this month's World Cup qualifiers - but only if they are fully vaccinated.
Players must adhere to a strict code of conduct regarding transport, close contacts, testing and bubbles.
They will have to quarantine in "bespoke facilities" for 10 days upon their arrival back in the UK.
They will be permitted to leave quarantine once a day to train or play.
"We have worked closely with football authorities to achieve an outcome that balances the interests of both club and country while maintaining the highest levels of public health and safety," said a government spokesperson.
"Our best defence against the virus is vaccination and these new measures will allow fully vaccinated players to fulfil their international duties in the safest, most practical way possible, while allowing them to train and play with their clubs as early as possible upon their return."
The UK government has relaxed Covid-19 regulations after the problems it caused during the September international break.
On that occasion, the Premier League decided not to release players, prompting a clash with football's world governing body Fifa, which had demanded individuals be allowed to travel and play.
Aston Villa and Tottenham did allow their Argentina internationals to represent their country for their World Cup qualifiers in South America.
However, it led to farcical scenes at the Brazil v Argentina game in Sao Paulo where the match was abandoned after five minutes when Brazilian health officials came on to the pitch to stop play, saying Argentina's four England-based players had to quarantine.
They returned via Croatia to avoid having to quarantine when arriving back in the UK.
In addition, eight Nigeria internationals based in the UK missed their country's second September World Cup qualifier in Cape Verde, while other UK-based African players could also not report for international duty.
Argentina and Brazil had already named Premier League players in their squads for October's qualifiers before the relaxation of the UK's quarantine rules for footballers.
Since Friday, Argentine nationals do not need to quarantine after arrival in the country from overseas, if they are vaccinated and test negative for Covid.
The Brazilian football federation, meanwhile, will have to reach a separate agreement with the country's health authority to exempt England-based players from quarantine on their arrival.
Currently, anyone travelling to Brazil from the UK must quarantine for 14 days when they arrive in the country.
Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp has criticised the new UK plan, saying it is not "properly thought through".
"It's 10 days' quarantine, allowed to play the games, allowed to go to work, not allowed to live at home but don't need to live in a hotel chosen by any authorities and you can choose it yourself. Food has to be delivered in front of your room door. You're not allowed any visitors," he said.
"That would mean for the players after the international break that they go for 10-12 days with their national teams and then they go another 10 days into quarantine away from their families. That's 22 days and two weeks later there is the next international break.
"It doesn't sound to me like a real solution."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58753489

Luckily for Spurs this new agreement should help our South American players. They will still have to "quarantine" for 10 days on return but can leave their quarantine to play matches or to train during this time...not sure how that can be still described as quarantining but sure that's why others are in charge of the country. I couldn't come out with statements like that with a straight face

This is a complete farce!

Being able to leave quarantine to train or play does not constitute quarantine!

Kalvin Phillips pulled out of the England squad.

Bet Jude Bellingham is sitting at home thinking that's 2 caps his manager has cost him.

Spain 2-0 up against Italy in Nations League semi. Bonucci sent off for Italy.

Also, a Spanish and Italian player have swapped shirts as they left the pitch. Classy !!!