The in no way sad computer game thread | Page 2 | Vital Football

The in no way sad computer game thread

Iracing
Minecraft
and Upcoming will be Planetside 2
Burned out on World of Tanks, waiting on World of Planes :)

Draig Cymraeg - 17/1/2012 09:20

mattyslost - 17/1/2012 09:10

Rented Black Ops and thought it was pony! So stuck with MW2 and then bought MW3

Never completed the games. I only buy to play online.

Ever tried Battelfield? One of the best multiplayer games out at the moment. My cousins husband works for ATI so I got Battlefield for free and its well worth it.

Can't get enough of BF3. It's awesome! Best bit was my score in game (which unlocks various things) skyrocketed just after Christmas!

Started to learn tricks now too, so even those who have got to the very top of the rankings, I'm able to sneak up to them and rip them apart quicker than I would do Cheryl Cole. :7:

Yes I'm enjoying Portal 2 very much, I actually bought it for my 9 year-old who's much better than me! But as it's a puzzle game I guess once you have solved it there's no need to do it again. But that's probably true of most games.

Resident Evil 6 has now been announced for a November 2012 release so I imagine its going to be top of quite a few lists to Santa.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/16650858

Loved the old versions on the PS1. Especially where ammo was in limited supply so you had to make the shots count. Hopefully this will be as good as the previous.

Although not the Wii version. That sucked.

Draig Cymraeg - 18/1/2012 09:11

Completed Portal 2 a while ago. Must admit it was a pretty epic game, but doesn't make me want to replay it.

Maybe you can help me. I'm stuck and it's frustrating the hell outta me lol

Just wanted to say something. It's pissed me off so much how much people have stigmatized people who play computer games. Prejudice can suck a hairy a-hole. I remember Nayson once said, "whats the difference between spending 3 hours on a computer game and spending 3 hours on a tv-screen?". True story.
Things have changed a lot the last 10 years I reckon. But when I was 18'ish, you didn't even speak up if you played pc games.

randy.stand - 24/1/2012 11:02

I dont own a console. But do play Football Manager 2012 on the laptop.

Did you play Football Manager Live?

It's so annoying they closed that down. Best manager I've played hands down.

Trl - 24/1/2012 11:40

Just wanted to say something. It's pissed me off so much how much people have stigmatized people who play computer games. Prejudice can suck a hairy a-hole. I remember Nayson once said, "whats the difference between spending 3 hours on a computer game and spending 3 hours on a tv-screen?". True story.
Things have changed a lot the last 10 years I reckon. But when I was 18'ish, you didn't even speak up if you played pc games.

When i was a kid it was considered sad to play computer games. The kids who spent their lunchtime in the computer room were grasses, geeks, overweight, spectacle wearing, multiple pens in blazer pocket carrying, cry-baby arseholes. The normal kids were outside playing football or chatting up the girls.

It actually concerns me that this isn't the case in schools nowadays, because it should be.

Like the majijuana thread, in moderation and as an occasional pleasure I dont see anything wrong in most things. But I know people who have become social lepers, unhealthy and overweight, purley because of computer/console game playing.

Hmm, I will fix some screenshots once I'm back from the soil lab.

It's essentially a room where I've jumped up on a ledge, and infront of me is a new room, but it's blocked by a big square. I can see both sides of it into the next room, but I can't fit through and no matter where I try putting up portals it doesn't work.

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/9600/sighho.png

There I got you the picture.

You sad gits. My kids play computer games I don't I'm an adult.

So are you all virgins as well?

Played computer games since 10.

I'm now 27.

Was never an issue in school as all my friends played them as well.

Now happily married with 2 kids and find I have what I would consider a healthy balance between gaming, family and my social life. :14:

Trl - 24/1/2012 11:57

Hmm, I will fix some screenshots once I'm back from the soil lab.

It's essentially a room where I've jumped up on a ledge, and infront of me is a new room, but it's blocked by a big square. I can see both sides of it into the next room, but I can't fit through and no matter where I try putting up portals it doesn't work.

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/9600/sighho.png

There I got you the picture.

I'll have a gander when I get home tonight.