The Holiday Thread | Page 19 | Vital Football

The Holiday Thread

Check your surname before booking with Pontins. Matty Cash and John McGinn might not be welcome nor would Mrs BBJ and my lovely late maternal granny. I'm a bit surprised that I missed the cut.

Pontins kept blacklist of Irish surnames - is yours on it?

Check your surname before booking with Pontins. Matty Cash and John McGinn might not be welcome nor would Mrs BBJ and my lovely late maternal granny. I'm a bit surprised that I missed the cut.

Pontins kept blacklist of Irish surnames - is yours on it?

My mom would be screwed if she kept her maiden name. Lol.

Does anyone know how expensive pontins is these days?

I know how expensive it is on my parents holiday homes residence in dorset and you could go on a 2 week cruise for less than what they charge.

Reactions: BBJ
Planning to book Orlando for next Easter in the next couple of weeks.

Not cheap is it? Jesus!

I've got plenty of Avios points so can get the flights a bit cheaper, and great news from Disney that they are brining back free dining plans next year for the first time in 6 years which will save us some good money on food, but it's the park tickets that really sting... So expensive!

Think we'll be there 17 nights in total. Planning to take Buddy out of school for a week for the first time ever. He's only had 3 days off sick in 5 years so I'm hoping we've built a bit of good will.

Planning to book Orlando for next Easter in the next couple of weeks.

Not cheap is it? Jesus!

I've got plenty of Avios points so can get the flights a bit cheaper, and great news from Disney that they are brining back free dining plans next year for the first time in 6 years which will save us some good money on food, but it's the park tickets that really sting... So expensive!

Think we'll be there 17 nights in total. Planning to take Buddy out of school for a week for the first time ever. He's only had 3 days off sick in 5 years so I'm hoping we've built a bit of good will.
Just get a relative to ring in sick for him mate. Don't tell the school your going away for god sake. Depending on the school they could give you an automatic fine. If you get granny or aunty to ring in for those three days you are sweet.

How expensive are we talking?

Not convinced there is any such thing as good will. Just the rule book. Aren't they pretty bang on 'no time off' now? As Col said, I don't think I'd be telling them. (So in that case, don't post anything on facebook until the time he is allowed to be off)

I might be wrong, but all I've seen on news etc, is parents kicking off about fines and all that.

Bollox to the teachers.
It's OK when they have an inset day....after a BH....mmmm how funny... or have a half day on the last day of term . And in any case the kids get films and games to play last week and do naff all. Don't care so much about the kids attending when they are on another strike do they .

Fines ...pah....
They won't do it for good attendance pupils. Never have never will. Toothless tiger threats .

When we took ours out for a few day's for Florida we spent....and I mean this genuinely....the best day out ever at Kennedy Space centre. Awe inspiring place and the kids still talk about it now. The ultimate science day or two out. Far better than a bunsen burner on a desk! .

Stick that in your pipe and smoke it school.

Last edited:
Bollox to the teachers.
It's OK when they have an inset day....after a BH....mmmm how funny... or have a half day on the last day of term . And in any case the kids get films and games to play last week and do naff all. Don't care so much about the kids attending when they are on another strike do they .

Fines ...pah....
They won't do it for good attendance pupils. Never have never will. Toothless tiger threats .

When we took ours out for a few day's for Florida we spent....and I mean this genuinely....the best day out ever at Kennedy Space centre. Awe inspiring place and the kids still talk about it now. The ultimate science day or two out. Far better than a bunsen burner on a desk! .

Stick that in your pipe and smoke it school.
Some schools are fining automatically mate. As much as you disagree with why, it happens. Which is why the advice above should be taken to just avoid bullshit stress for no reason. Theres an easy way out of the stress. But of course it's up to you and Deano how you go about it.

Come to Calcutta and get the shits. New slogan.
Never fancied India and what's happening to you is the reason why.
Seems to be something that everyone will have to go through while there.
Just read a cricket book ( TMS team) and they talk about it when discussing India touring .

Funny story about one player who got the shits mid run up to bowl. Carried on straight past the umpire, batsman and into the pavilion with the ball in his hand .:ROFLMAO:.

Apparently he lost the race by 2 seconds .

Never fancied India and what's happening to you is the reason why.
Seems to be something that everyone will have to go through while there.
Just read a cricket book ( TMS team) and they talk about it when discussing India touring .

Funny story about one player who got the shits mid run up to bowl. Carried on straight past the umpire, batsman and into the pavilion with the ball in his hand .:ROFLMAO:.

Apparently he lost the race by 2 seconds .
Happens any time there is a change in the water. You can drink bottled water. But the food you eat is cooked in tap water. Plus all the other differences in food.

Saying that, one of my good friends is Indian. And he REFUSES to ever go back, even for a holiday or a wedding etc.

And he owns a very famous MMA gym so is used to travelling abroad.

I must say. From what I know. India would be near the bottom of my holiday destinations.

Everyone I know who has ever gone to India said they would never go back.

One friend was just sick for 2 weeks and she lost loads of weight. Another had rats nibbling at his toes in his bed.

Sounds more like some kind of punishment than a holiday.

If I was offered an all paid for, fully inclusive holiday to India, I wouldn't take it.

When the kids were 10 and 13 years old, we went for a 2-week holiday to Florida in 2006, and it was the best family holiday we have ever been on, with so many wonderful memories that even now, I enjoy remembering.

If I was offered an all paid for, fully inclusive holiday to India, I wouldn't take it.

When the kids were 10 and 13 years old, we went for a 2-week holiday to Florida in 2006, and it was the best family holiday we have ever been on, with so many wonderful memories that even now, I enjoy remembering.

Yeah. Did the same with my 2 going to Florida at the right ( young) age. Gotta be done. I know people who haven't got kids that still go to Disney. Bit weird that and reminds me of they Come Fly with me sketch.

Have to say now though , I couldn't think of anything worse than those crowded parks !. Probably prefer the gauntlet in India . lol

I've been to India 4 times and had some epic trips there. Would go back in a heartbeat. Fascinating country with some incredible sights. I can see why it's not for everyone though.

Not convinced there is any such thing as good will. Just the rule book. Aren't they pretty bang on 'no time off' now? As Col said, I don't think I'd be telling them. (So in that case, don't post anything on facebook until the time he is allowed to be off)

I might be wrong, but all I've seen on news etc, is parents kicking off about fines and all that.
I think they threaten fines but they never materialise.

His best friend took a week off last year to visit Italy and is doing the same again end of May this year to go to Croatia, so if they get away with it twice I'm sure we'll be fine.

Just get a relative to ring in sick for him mate. Don't tell the school your going away for god sake. Depending on the school they could give you an automatic fine. If you get granny or aunty to ring in for those three days you are sweet.

How expensive are we talking?
Including spending money, probably not much change out of 12k for the three of us.

Including spending money, probably not much change out of 12k for the three of us.
Actually that was based on Easter holidays and flying premium economy which we're no longer going to do so if we go a week earlier and fly economy we can probably shave a couple of grand off that.