The Grim vs the Grecians | Page 4 | Vital Football

The Grim vs the Grecians

Now we are getting somewhere without the usual dickheads making excuses and/or finding it funny.

Matt Smith back Tuesday, J. Smith, Morrison and Kelman must start.

Magennis and Humprhys must not even make the bench the pair of them are taking the piss and it's gone beyond a joke now, give Cal Mac more minutes, Shaun at least have a think about it instead of rash/panic decisions.

God only knows what the team selection will be Tuesday.
Not like you Frankie ... you don't normally directly insult other posters, but hey ho ... if that's they way you want to play it.

Fully agree re M Smith and Kelman. Not sure about the other two. Godo wasn't great today, but he's usually one of our better performers ... though J Smith does little wrong. As for Morrison, again, I've no problem with him at all, but Goode does seem to have brought some stability into the team.

As for tuesday, you've set it up nicely I see: make no, or even few changes, and you can have a go at him ... but on the other hand, make loads of changes (you've suggested 6 yourself) and again, you can have a go at him.

Heads you wain, tails, he loses. Nice one Frankie. ;)

Maloney has upset the defence leaving Morrison out. Seven conceded in 3 games, no one is closing down and getting the blocks in which Morrison is brilliant at. Stevenage third was exactly the same as today. Matt Smith a huge miss, the Adeeko Smith combo just doesn’t work for me. J Smith and Kelman were excellent and injected much needed pace. Last two games sums up the season to date, I’m expecting it to be the same until May.
Got to say all the back four were poor today. This passing out from the back is terrible.

The Grim - how apt. That was diabolical. Exeter were the better team and deserved the three points. Too obsessed with passing it backwards and sideways once again, it’s so predictable and frustrating to watch.

The two in midfield seemed afraid to actually turn and look to be progressive. The least said about the effort from the carthorse the better.

I can’t say I enjoyed the style of play under Caldwell when he was with us, but it was certainly better than the shite we have been watching at home recently

Three straight defeats for Peterborough now.
Wigan, Exeter and now Wycombe (5-2!!!).

After watching the Peterborough - Exeter match, I thought that we would have a good chance of a win if we pressed their defenders (Although their captain Sweeney started today). Instead, we got a half where the squad mimicked a walking football team. Sideways, backwards, sideways,backwards ...repeat x many at a snails pace.

The welcome subs at half time did make a difference and after two touches (even before the goal) ... Kelman showed more than magennis did for 45 minutes.

Have to say that the announcing of the subs followed by the sponsor feels like it goes on forever.... boooo

Last edited:
Was there someone else on the pitch called Scott Smith who was "fantastic" - because the one I was watching was far from fantastic, they had four shots by midfielders where S.Smith left completely, he is yet another that does not move off the ball when not in possession and turns back instead of looking forward when he does have the ball.
Must have been mate, either that or I saw a lad giving his all to get involved in the game. He didn't shy from a 50/50 and did a lot of dirty work that we don't have many others willing to do. I'm aware of his limitations, as I'm sure the manager and he himself are, but he bailed out a lot of dodgy passes that others were making and in that second half was constantly forcing the ball wide to J.Smith and getting him going forward

I thought that this year there was a severe clampdown on time wasting. Today we had a referee who apparently either 1) hadn't been told about this or 2) didn't agree with it. As much as I (as were 95% of our fans) were frustrated by our appalling and negative 1st half (sideways and backwards) show the timewasting from Exeter started around the 15th minute and the referee did absolutely nothing about it. To add 2 mins in the first half and 4 in the second beggars belief. Trust that he will get sent back to the MLS asap, but knowing the authorities he may well be in the Premier League (who are quite welcome to him) next week.
I know that its been a frustrating season but when we decide to be positive we are so much better. Can't do much about two deflections that Exeter had but is there any chance that we could instill something into our people that if you shoot, there's a chance of this?
To finish, any chance of taking a throw in and go forwards within a minute of the ball going out of play - this is one area where we are so, so poor.

Now we are getting somewhere without the usual dickheads making excuses and/or finding it funny.

Matt Smith back Tuesday, J. Smith, Morrison and Kelman must start.

Magennis and Humprhys must not even make the bench the pair of them are taking the piss and it's gone beyond a joke now, give Cal Mac more minutes, Shaun at least have a think about it instead of rash/panic decisions.

God only knows what the team selection will be Tuesday.

Edit, Stick Mageniss and Humphrys in the U-23's until the end of the season then they can fuck off, they won't be missed.

Cant believe it gets some people so angry. Its Latics FFS. Over next decade we will yoyo between League One and Championship i would imagine and that will be that. Enjoy the ride!

I thought that this year there was a severe clampdown on time wasting. Today we had a referee who apparently either 1) hadn't been told about this or 2) didn't agree with it. As much as I (as were 95% of our fans) were frustrated by our appalling and negative 1st half (sideways and backwards) show the timewasting from Exeter started around the 15th minute and the referee did absolutely nothing about it. To add 2 mins in the first half and 4 in the second beggars belief. Trust that he will get sent back to the MLS asap, but knowing the authorities he may well be in the Premier League (who are quite welcome to him) next week.
I know that its been a frustrating season but when we decide to be positive we are so much better. Can't do much about two deflections that Exeter had but is there any chance that we could instill something into our people that if you shoot, there's a chance of this?
To finish, any chance of taking a throw in and go forwards within a minute of the ball going out of play - this is one area where we are so, so poor.
Im sure us going backwards and then losing possession from a throw in led to their first goal. It’s very risky either coming inside or going back with a throw in if the opposition set up to press quickly. If we took the throw ins quickly then we could then find someone in space and look to pass the ball. Instead we take our time and put ourselves under pressure by the throwing it to someone who is already being marked. For me we need to just throw it down the line sometimes and then win the second ball or have runners off whoever wins the header. I also feel in general play there are times we need to play more ‘percentage balls’ into areas to get us up the pitch. Kelman certainly looked a willing runner who could offer more of a threat in behind and will chase loose balls.

wile im at it. and sombody else mite of asked this before.
when did this very high line defending free kicks become a thing. ive only reely noticed it over the past cuple of games. the wey we are at the back its just asking for a poor mistime and we neerly had one this afty.

Well said SB, but sadly we will always be saddled with shite referees and shite liners....the guy & the liners were a joke...the ONLY difference is they weren't the worst we've had. How the f@ck do we get our more than fair share of crap officials ??