The great big short Summer Transfer and "What the hell do we do now" Thread | Page 71 | Vital Football

The great big short Summer Transfer and "What the hell do we do now" Thread

Mixed feelings. Has a bit of the DJ Campbell about it; older journeyman has a great half season and becomes flavour of the month.

Clearly worried about his knee, open about wanting a last payday (not offensive in itself, but you do ask how much we are paying him) and his actions this summer have been reprehensible.

Then again, clubs have signed rapists and Murderers (ahem, Notts county) and Taylor's actions are not even Van Hooijdonk level.

I quite like him in his video.

Nice to have more than one competent striker. His goal at the CG was a proper striker's goal as well.

And he's "free"

Taken in context we have signed a very good midfielder and a decent Championship striker, both on free transfers.

For my money we are already up on previous windows and I am more than happy if this is how decisive we are going to be.

We know where the team and squad is short so can’t wait to see who comes in next.

It also means we won’t be over a barrel when trying to sign other players. Some of the desperation has been taken away.

More quiet work going on signing young players. Last season signed McGuane and Larson. This season the two Irish lads and now a Greek 17 year old. If Anj and Mod can land a couple more top class young lads to add to the youngsters Cohen is managing then we could kick on in a couple of years time.

See the Mansfield game is likely to be streamed and will be Forest U23 team and therefore many of these young lads on show.

Then word on the street in Piraeus suggests Nik Ioannou is on the verge of signing.

This guy can play

He will be a great signing

What are you basing that on chap?

I know he plays for about the best team in Cyprus, and gets to play in CL Qualifying, but how competitive is their league?

I doubt it can be a much higher level than League Two in general, perhaps with his side being perhaps equivalent to an upper League One side.

Not necessarily knocking it, just curious as to what makes you think he can play based on the league that he's coming from?

To add on from Mao

Nottingham Forest's interest in APOEL international defender Nikolas Ioannou was rekindled.
According to information, the English team, which is known to be owned by Vangelis Marinakis, submitted a new improved proposal to the Nicosia team for the acquisition of the Cypriot ace and now the chances for completing the deal have increased significantly

boys I honestly think Grabban’s gone. Rumours he’s going to a London club and I can’t help but worry that signing Taylor when he had so many options suggests he’s his replacement. Really hope I’m wrong - it would be a ludicrous decision.

I have no problem with our tenacious midfield general, Colback. Not going to score or create goals,

0_Nottingham-Forest-v-Stoke-City.jpg

PBP_SAH_WL180219_0011.jpg

im a big fan of Samba but no assists in the ENTIRE season?!

Then word on the street in Piraeus suggests Nik Ioannou is on the verge of signing.

This guy can play

He will be a great signing

Looks alright for a league one level defender

Hope he can step up to championship level

He has played in the champions league before so there is hope

boys I honestly think Grabban’s gone. Rumours he’s going to a London club and I can’t help but worry that signing Taylor when he had so many options suggests he’s his replacement. Really hope I’m wrong - it would be a ludicrous decision.
to be fair I’m more confident he is staying now Ha Ha!!

Did Ioannou and Blackett play for the same ManU youth team?

Possibly they are close enough in age

I wouldn't get too excited by Ioannou just yet as he looks decent in a league that probably has some players that wouldn't be good enough for league one in this country

Looks alright for a league one level defender

Hope he can step up to championship level

He has played in the champions league before so there is hope

Looks good from the clips but more of a LB. How sure are we that he'll be better than Ribeiro?

I'm sure he'll be better than Bong for backup though.