The great big short Summer Transfer and "What the hell do we do now" Thread | Page 36 | Vital Football

The great big short Summer Transfer and "What the hell do we do now" Thread

Agreed it's a problem that faces most clubs outside the premier league. The key of course is how the money raised from players sales is used
Now ain’t that the million dollar question for this club in recent years

(and longer if we reflect on the likes of Andre Silenzi Robert Rosario, and Twatty’s three Italian duffers).

Last edited:
If Worrall had not committed that foul in the 95th minute against Derby, Forest would have been in the play- offs, and possibly playing tonight. I don't think he is indispensable, and there is in fact cover there- Benalouane is an international player, and it now looks somewhat short- sighted to have got rid of Milosevic. Even Hefele put in some good performances. Carvalho will be sold to a club connected to either Marinakis or the super- agent, and will be the solution to FFP. Bear in mind that other clubs have to sell as well, so there will be replacements for Worrall.

If Worrall had not committed that foul in the 95th minute against Derby, Forest would have been in the play- offs, and possibly playing tonight. I don't think he is indispensable, and there is in fact cover there- Benalouane is an international player, and it now looks somewhat short- sighted to have got rid of Milosevic. Even Hefele put in some good performances. Carvalho will be sold to a club connected to either Marinakis or the super- agent, and will be the solution to FFP. Bear in mind that other clubs have to sell as well, so there will be replacements for Worrall.
I agree that no centre half at this level is that irreplaceable. Worrall is a good player and fantastic prospect, but no colossus at the moment.

Could he go on to be a £60m player like McGuire? Possibly. Possibly. But he'll never reach that value for us so I would be willing to take my chances on £10m being his peak value for us.

The Keeper was far more culpable than Worrall as far as the 95th minute goal is concerned; he should be dealing with those balls all day long.

I totally agree about Worrall being replaceable though; I'm sure we could replace him with a similar quality centre back and show a profit on the deal.

I do not share your confidence with regard to Carvalho moving on, certainly not if there is any substance to the rumours regarding a rift between EM and Mendez.

I think we could be stick with him for another season unless the two of them kiss and make up.

I fear that Benalouane will do what he attempted at Leicester; sit out his contract in the treatment room.

Surely Hefele is looking for a new Club; I do not see any way back into the squad for him and it will surely be the end if we do sign Ioannou and Gionzales as rumoured

We are apparently after Freeman.

Unfortunately, that is Kieron Freeman, the defender we jettisoned to Derby years ago (and IIRC who made some fairly unkind statements about Forest in retaliation

Great big NO THANK YOU

Lets sell all the crown jewels and pack the club to the rafters with ***** like this guy, Chris Martin and that coward from Charlton!

Perhaps could bring in Neil Harris as coach as well!

1200px-Olympiacos_FC_logo.svg.png

The Keeper was far more culpable than Worrall as far as the 95th minute goal is concerned; he should be dealing with those balls all day long.

I totally agree about Worrall being replaceable though; I'm sure we could replace him with a similar quality centre back and show a profit on the deal.

I do not share your confidence with regard to Carvalho moving on, certainly not if there is any substance to the rumours regarding a rift between EM and Mendez.

I think we could be stick with him for another season unless the two of them kiss and make up.

I fear that Benalouane will do what he attempted at Leicester; sit out his contract in the treatment room.

Surely Hefele is looking for a new Club; I do not see any way back into the squad for him and it will surely be the end if we do sign Ioannou and Gionzales as rumoured

Samba has been a concern for a while now after a fantastic start.

I don't think I've seen Samba hold a shot.

Brice 'Parry' Samba.

Jordan Smith is no good either!

Cash, Worrall and Carvalho are all going this window; EM has his team of crack scouts bringing in some players who will get the Old Girl rocking again.

Watch this space.

Wonder if we are looking at that Scottish defender again, one to replace worral and turn a profit can't remember his name though? It's very quiet on the transfer front with around 4 weeks to go...