The General Football thread | Page 153 | Vital Football

The General Football thread

It's long overdue. It's the perfect storm, massive inflation in fees (exactly as predicted) along side the rules now having real teeth, combined with a mini credit crunch going on in football across most of Europe, the traditional hedge funds and fringe banks that have funded so many spending sprees are all now acting nervously wait to see which way the economies of Europe and here may tilt...

Everton in particular may now be in danger of going under, it's potential owners are now being sued again in the States for failing to provide info it was contracted to it's investors and not meeting payments to another - in my mind that rules them out of succeeding with the fit and proper rules and if that happens, Everton will be a financial basket case.

They could easily go into administration within months.
Sad! Seriously sad. 🥲

Whilst many fans have often understandably whinged and complained about Levy and his being tight, losing deals that would have helped our playing side, and not paying over the odds etc. now we can see the sound and solid approach he has taken yielding the expected but delayed by COVID dividends for us. How satisfying it is to know that we are a soundly based club financially that have grown and still grow because of the prudent approach taken by Levy and the board. I get the frustrations but it takes time and good management to build the solid foundations on which our future excellence is being built. From me thank you Daniel and COYS.
Couldn't agree more 54.

Whilst many fans have often understandably whinged and complained about Levy and his being tight, losing deals that would have helped our playing side, and not paying over the odds etc. now we can see the sound and solid approach he has taken yielding the expected but delayed by COVID dividends for us. How satisfying it is to know that we are a soundly based club financially that have grown and still grow because of the prudent approach taken by Levy and the board. I get the frustrations but it takes time and good management to build the solid foundations on which our future excellence is being built. From me thank you Daniel and COYS.
Very good post there 54, 100% agreement from me!

Haha I remember when O'Rourke's were just a sub-contract outfit, Concrete works, just goes to proves that correct investment, decision making, even dodgy deals can go a long way. Lol!
The only time I came across O'Rourkes prior to their merger with Laing Construction was when they laid a massive new gas main across the south-west to supply a new gas powered generation plant at Langage in Plymouth about 15-20 years ago.

Mourinho, is what he is, a short term fix, win a trophy, then create mayhem at the club, blame everyone else, walk away with a wad of dosh.
He doesn't build anything or leave, a legacy, is useless unless buckets of money is, spent on top players.
Remember he plays terrible football, do you want that for England, I don't and I ain't English.
Get him back to Chelsea, let him wreck them even more.

Haha I remember when O'Rourke's were just a sub-contract outfit, Concrete works, just goes to proves that correct investment, decision making, even dodgy deals can go a long way. Lol!
They did a lot in revamping Heathrow T5/T2 etc - a good Irish friend of mine was one of their financial accountant wizzards although he did leave after 5 years saying it was quite toxic.

I am laughing out loud watching Moron-hoe get fired again.

What a fuken knob of epic proportions.

Thief, Snake-Oil Salesman, Charlatan in the extreme.

As a football Mind, he's a joke, and 15 yrs past his very brief moment in time.

Go fuck yerself ya bastard. I hope you choke on a chicken bone you chuggler.

Fuken hate that guy, hope he rots.

You should say what you really mean XV!!!

Totally agree!!

Go on xvausch! say it from the heart, don't hold back, lol!

Even I couldn't have put your thoughts on Moaninio any better.

Mind he is a very rich Dick!