The General Football thread | Page 150 | Vital Football

The General Football thread

1st....R.I.P "The Kaiser" what a footballer and manager.

2nd...Man Shitty at home in the FA Cup, well some on ere said we have to win a Trophy this year, well here is our chance to make a show of winning one!

Some/most of us said...we want Maidstone (y), lower end of league, but what did we get, yep! near the Top end, you really couldn't make it up, we all should of guessed really. :wahey::ROFLMAO:

Thankyou Gary Mabbutt! but hey lets beat the holders. (y)

As has been said, RIP The Kaiser, great footballer, seemed to always have time on the ball, and to think JPR on the same day RIP.
Re Man C, win, Lose, Draw, it'll be a good honest open game by Two teams who want to play football.
And we can win it.. If we do watch out 😉

As has been said, RIP The Kaiser, great footballer, seemed to always have time on the ball, and to think JPR on the same day RIP.
Re Man C, win, Lose, Draw, it'll be a good honest open game by Two teams who want to play football.
And we can win it.. If we do watch out 😉
Glad somebody mentioned the sad departure of JPR Williams, RIP, what a player he was in his day. COYS.

Just back to the Man C issue and us playing them
Yup they're, a top team great players, etc...
But they have been found out on a few occasions this season, they recruit to stay stable, we recruit to improve.
We won't be the same team that met them last year, I fact we won't even be the same team that met em about 6 weeks, ago
We'll be better, they will be, about the same
For me there's our subtle but vital difference and advantage... 😉🏆🏆🏆

I was pointing to these financial issues on the transfer thread, but I never knew that the fate of the transgressors wouldn't be known until the season is over!

Seems mad to me, I thought the whole reason of bringing in an annual accounts submission deadline of Dec 31st was supposed to be so that punishments would be 'in-season'..

Anyway, this is case now:

Premier League clubs may not learn any confirmed profitability and sustainability regulations (PSR) punishments until after the season is over.

New guidelines aimed at fast-tracking PSR decisions have been introduced to avoid a situation such as Everton’s 10-point deduction being imposed in the season after the club was charged with a breach.

All clubs had to submit their accounts for 2022-23 by December 31 — rather than in March as they had previously — with any breaches and subsequent charges set to be confirmed 14 days later.

A club will then have a fortnight to respond to a charge and then a hearing by an independent commission must be completed by early April with any appeal process to follow.

The change of system is designed to ensure any basic breaches of the regulations are dealt with in time for punishments, such as points deductions, to be levied in the same season as the charge is brought.

However, the league have pencilled in May 24 as a backstop date for any appeal which comes after the end of the season on May 19. This date comes ahead of the league’s annual general meeting.

This raises the prospect of teams who are appealing against potential points deductions completing their league season while not knowing their final league position or even what division they may be playing in for the following campaign.

Under the PSR, clubs are allowed to lose £105million over three seasons (or £35m a season) but certain costs can be deducted, such as investment in youth development, infrastructure, community and women’s football.

There were also specific allowances relating to Covid and, to help clubs, the league combined the two pandemic-hit seasons into one, turning the three-year accounting period into four years.

The new fast-tracked system only applies to simple breaches of the rules with more complex cases still being considered over a longer period.

Manchester City were charged with more than 100 alleged breaches in February 2023 with a conclusion to that case yet to be reached, while Chelsea self-reported issues related to payments made during Roman Abramovich’s time as owner and are also yet to learn their fate.

Everton were handed a 10-point penalty back in November. They have since appealed that sanction.

I was pointing to these financial issues on the transfer thread, but I never knew that the fate of the transgressors wouldn't be known until the season is over!

Seems mad to me, I thought the whole reason of bringing in an annual accounts submission deadline of Dec 31st was supposed to be so that punishments would be 'in-season'..

Anyway, this is case now:

Premier League clubs may not learn any confirmed profitability and sustainability regulations (PSR) punishments until after the season is over.

New guidelines aimed at fast-tracking PSR decisions have been introduced to avoid a situation such as Everton’s 10-point deduction being imposed in the season after the club was charged with a breach.

All clubs had to submit their accounts for 2022-23 by December 31 — rather than in March as they had previously — with any breaches and subsequent charges set to be confirmed 14 days later.

A club will then have a fortnight to respond to a charge and then a hearing by an independent commission must be completed by early April with any appeal process to follow.

The change of system is designed to ensure any basic breaches of the regulations are dealt with in time for punishments, such as points deductions, to be levied in the same season as the charge is brought.

However, the league have pencilled in May 24 as a backstop date for any appeal which comes after the end of the season on May 19. This date comes ahead of the league’s annual general meeting.

This raises the prospect of teams who are appealing against potential points deductions completing their league season while not knowing their final league position or even what division they may be playing in for the following campaign.

Under the PSR, clubs are allowed to lose £105million over three seasons (or £35m a season) but certain costs can be deducted, such as investment in youth development, infrastructure, community and women’s football.

There were also specific allowances relating to Covid and, to help clubs, the league combined the two pandemic-hit seasons into one, turning the three-year accounting period into four years.

The new fast-tracked system only applies to simple breaches of the rules with more complex cases still being considered over a longer period.

Manchester City were charged with more than 100 alleged breaches in February 2023 with a conclusion to that case yet to be reached, while Chelsea self-reported issues related to payments made during Roman Abramovich’s time as owner and are also yet to learn their fate.

Everton were handed a 10-point penalty back in November. They have since appealed that sanction.
It's very messy. There are two sets of regulations in play: The Premier League's FFP and UEFA's FSR.

It's not inconcievable that in a given period a club could exceed the thresholds of both sets of regulations and be sanctioned by both organisations for the one transgression.

Do you know if there are any plans for the PL to align their rules with UEFA? I can't find anything.

Governance of the game overall is getting worse.

It's very messy. There are two sets of regulations in play: The Premier League's FFP and UEFA's FSR.

It's not inconcievable that in a given period a club could exceed the thresholds of both sets of regulations and be sanctioned by both organisations for the one transgression.

Do you know if there are any plans for the PL to align their rules with UEFA? I can't find anything.

Governance of the game overall is getting worse.

The way I see it is that UEFA should have minimal money to provide recommendations on these areas but no UK money should ever leave these shores to support a governance activity, especially investigations. It should be down to the country then to accept and implement the recommendations and run with the regulatory models themselves.

After the recent ruling against FIFA and UEFA (super-league related), I think bodies like UEFA need to tone down the dictatorship mode and be made to start selling their concepts to their customers.

At country level this should be nothing to do with FAPL Ltd (the PL) either. It should be run by the FA. FSR should be the set of recommendations. FFP should be the actual regulations.