The Future of the Club | Page 131 | Vital Football

The Future of the Club

We. Have more than likely forced Dansons. Hand. As his beloved rugby team could have been homeless. He’s never shown any interest in football before. Of course every one should be happy. We have found a buyer. But if we was not is this mess he wouldn’t touch us with a barge pole. If we was for sale. Like it or not that’s the truth.
Ditto my comment above

So happy that this has been concluded.

I was getting sick of reading about the doom and gloom.

Football was a means of escape, a break from work, family time, a conversation starter and a release from all the other pressures that day to day life brings - Wigan Athletic hasnt been that for some time.

I hope this is a new start - one which will have the right controls in place so that it brings joy to our town for seasons to come.

Lets take this news with positivity and greet the new owner by renewing season tickets and backing him in full.

Last edited:
OK ... let's go with your theory ... what does Lenegan get out of it?

Danson has a 25% stake in Warriors .... and a 100% stake in Latics. So, what he says goes, and as for the opportunity for making money/publicity/fame/whatever the reason is he's bought us for, there's far more chance of him doing that with football than rugby league.

So, I can't see Mr Lenegan being given any wishes any time soon.
He gets his Wigan sporting club,
OK ... let's go with your theory ... what does Lenegan get out of it?

Danson has a 25% stake in Warriors .... and a 100% stake in Latics. So, what he says goes, and as for the opportunity for making money/publicity/fame/whatever the reason is he's bought us for, there's far more chance of him doing that with football than rugby league.

So, I can't see Mr Lenegan being given any wishes any time soon.
Lenegan gets his Wigan sporting club dream. Danson ends up owning both. Warriors have a ground to play in, Latics are now tenants like the rugby and are saved and costs are shared. What is there not to like?

There are Bolton fans who think ther owners are fantastic...This is now their 5th season coming up and they are still overseeing a 3rd Divison club.They've not got a pot to piss in
Bolton still have around 30m of debts needing to be paid off, the owners don't have a great deal of cash and the club is losing money each season. So they are in a very precarious position. They failed to get enough outside investment in aside from a few sponsorship deals, mainly the stadium, so have apparently turned to asking fans to invest in the club to try and raise some cash to meet payments.

Bolton fans are in the worse position financially in League One, so absolutely no idea why they are laughing at other clubs.

He gets his Wigan sporting club,

Lenegan gets his Wigan sporting club dream. Danson ends up owning both. Warriors have a ground to play in, Latics are now tenants like the rugby and are saved and costs are shared. What is there not to like?

Latics have always been tenants ... it's just that their landlord owned the football club too.

We. Have more than likely forced Dansons. Hand. As his beloved rugby team could have been homeless. He’s never shown any interest in football before. Of course every one should be happy. We have found a buyer. But if we was not is this mess he wouldn’t touch us with a barge pole. If we was for sale. Like it or not that’s the truth.
Sorry but some people don't half talk crap.

"we" forced his hand? Or he would not have anywhere for his beloved rugby team to play.

Or he could have let Latics go into liquidation and picked the stadium up for less than he will probably need to pay HMRC to avoid a winding up petition.

Get over it and grow up.

Exciting to see the new ownership plans going forward, what can both Warriors and Wigan do together to further excel us as a successful little sporting town?

I hope the ownership group are able to follow a similar path to Brighton when it comes to strategy but that is me just hoping. Right now the staff and players have been paid, Maloney is staying, no more uncertainty with our future. And most importantly, the ownership is worth billions, is local, and has already said more in his statement compared to the last 3 hours combined.

Happy days.