The Future of the Club | Page 130 | Vital Football

The Future of the Club

Let’s just see what happens and see his plans. Going forward. He will know. No money will be made out Rugby league. Or limelight. Will have to see who he brings on board as directors. And who replaces Branagan. He might even Bring his own manager in. We don’t know his plans.

FFS man ... for once, try and show just a little bit of joy. Who cares who he brings in as CEO ... never mind the bloody directors !

Chill ... and smile.

I've no problem with him bringing the 2 clubs closer together ... but it'll be on his terms rather than Lenegan's given the various ownership shares.

Danson's definitely top dog.
Course he is but if you can't see that Lenegan facilitated this then you must be playing with the fairies. Deny all you want but it's plain as day and you don't like it.
I've no problem with him bringing the 2 clubs closer together ... but it'll be on his terms rather than Lenegan's given the various ownership shares.

Danson's definitely top dog.

Excellent news. Be interesting to see the plans moving forward but the most important thing is the club is secure. As Hindley says, the fact that we are now owned by a Wiganer, who is also a billionaire makes me feel very comfortable about our future.

Can't wait to get down the Danson Dome in August. Up the Tics!

Way I see it is let's not count our chickens till the final I is dotted but this is great news.

It give us as fans a club to follow and it gives the staff and players a bit of reassurance.

Course he is but if you can't see that Lenegan facilitated this then you must be playing with the fairies. Deny all you want but it's plain as day and you don't like it.

OK ... let's go with your theory ... what does Lenegan get out of it?

Danson has a 25% stake in Warriors .... and a 100% stake in Latics. So, what he says goes, and as for the opportunity for making money/publicity/fame/whatever the reason is he's bought us for, there's far more chance of him doing that with football than rugby league.

So, I can't see Mr Lenegan being given any wishes any time soon.

We have a Wigan born, UK based owner who hopefully will have a better idea of what is needed to own a UK football club.

If someone had offered me that a week ago when we had fizzy pop man sniffing round I would have ripped their arm off.

So can we now stop the whining about Lenaghan, the rugby connection and the tenants. I don't care who owns and pays rent for the DW. I am just relieved we have some where to play and some players to make up a team.

I'm getting carried away cos our football club isn't going to go into admin ... or even worse, liquidation. It's a worthy cause.

When I see Danson's plans, I may well get carried away all over again.
I’m happy we have been saved. But let’s not forget some fans were saying the same thing when these bought us. If you read between the lines. We have been for sale for ages. No takers. Same as last time. 3 million pound and didn’t show interest. Like I said we will find out soon

Up to the mid 1950‘s I think.

The concept is sound , the tricky bit comes when teams dropping from the countrywide League above the regionalised level are all from the North (or South) forcing one or more of them to drop into the regional league least suited to them. I remember that happening specifically to some team in the old Unibond North and they had to play in the Southern section meaning every away game was a long trek and no derby matches.
Not that this factor alone is a reason for dismissing the idea…something fundamental to reduce costs is required….and as posted above there is no huge gap between the League and the Conference.
Winsford Utd are being told to play in the Midland section rather than the Northern section and are asking for a relegation so they can still compete against North West clubs.

I’m happy we have been saved. But let’s not forget some fans were saying the same thing when these bought us. If you read between the lines. We have been for sale for ages. No takers. Same as last time. 3 million pound and didn’t show interest. Like I said we will find out soon
We. Have more than likely forced Dansons. Hand. As his beloved rugby team could have been homeless. He’s never shown any interest in football before. Of course every one should be happy. We have found a buyer. But if we was not is this mess he wouldn’t touch us with a barge pole. If we was for sale. Like it or not that’s the truth.

I'll ask again ... like what?

Also, why would he? It's unlikely to help resolve anything.
He could say something like "If we survive and start on -8 or more points I'm going to give it a go at attacking the opposition rather than play for a nil nil draw".
It'll be nice to be talking football again soon hopefully.

We. Have more than likely forced Dansons. Hand. As his beloved rugby team could have been homeless. He’s never shown any interest in football before. Of course every one should be happy. We have found a buyer. But if we was not is this mess he wouldn’t touch us with a barge pole. If we was for sale. Like it or not that’s the truth.
Don't you think it'd have been cheaper for him to build a new stadium for the rugby if they wete his only concern rather than spend millions on buying us and sorting all our debt?

👏👏👏 ... I knew there'd be a dark side if some bugger searched for it for long enough.