The Future of the Club | Page 128 | Vital Football

The Future of the Club

Assuming the news is accurate i think we've been incredibly fortunate.

Less than 2 weeks ago, with the way the owners were behaving and the financial situation we were in - everything it looked so bleak. Admin or expulsion from the league looked like the most likely outcomes.

So for us to potentially have a local business man billionaire arrive at the last minute to save us is unbelievable.

Netflix seriously missed out on making a series on us over the last few years. If you wrote the script for this people would say it was too unrealistic.

The players will get paid.

HMRC will get paid.

No transfer embargo.

The reputational damage the former owners did to the club should hopefully start to be repaired or reset.

The players under contract and offered new deals can finally have some security.

The fans can finally have some piece of mind.

Maloney and Rioch will finally get a chance to run the club properly.

This can hopefully start to be a catalyst to put the old outdated grudge with Warriors to bed once and for all.

Can we even potentially appeal against points deductions as it was to punish the former owners? No one at the club now should have to pay for the actions of people who are no longer here?

HMRC will get paid.

No transfer embargo.

The reputational damage the former owners did to the club should hopefully start to be repaired or reset.

The players under contract and offered new deals can finally have some security.

This can hopefully start to be a catalyst to put the old outdated grudge with Warriors to bed once and for all.

Can we even potentially appeal against points deductions as it was to punish the former owners? No one at the club now should have to pay for the actions of people who are no longer here?

I imagine we're allowed to appeal, but think the precedent has been set, no way we'll get those points back. Tough (very tough) job ahead, for Shaun, Gregor and all involved, this will still be a very hard season, but I'm happy that Shaun and Gregor (and other very good people) will be a part of it going forward.

It’s great to finally have some positive news. Hopefully there’ll be no issues at the last minute.

The first thing we need to do is get rid of a few players who are higher earners and make sure the club doesn’t keep making such big losses each year. If that means us struggling down at the bottom of league 1 (which is expected anyway with the points deduction) then so be it. I’ve got faith in the current manager and Gregor Rioch has also done a great job at the club. We need some more staff bringing in who know how to run the club behind the scenes as the last lot didn’t have a bloody clue what they were doing.

HMRC will get paid.

No transfer embargo.

8 out of 9 correct. Not bad.

I imagine we're allowed to appeal, but think the precedent has been set, no way we'll get those points back. Tough (very tough) job ahead, for Shaun, Gregor and all involved, this will still be a very hard season, but I'm happy that Shaun and Gregor (and other very good people) will be a part of it going forward.

I suppose given the unlikelihood of not getting em back, we'll have to accept 2nd place instead.

;)

HMRC will get paid.

No transfer embargo.

Didn't Markham mention an appeal was going in for the second lot of 4? Regardless, this fantastic news now gives Shaun a real chance to build a squad and system that will be capable of competing and hopefully recovering those points. Hopefully this will be the start of long term stability