The Future of the Club | Page 103 | Vital Football

The Future of the Club

The Robinson sale is like me sticking that accumulator on at Ladbrokes because it MUST be this week, surely.
Selling Hughes or cashing in on Jedi means absolutely nothing now. The cas would just disappear down a deep black hole. It would just go to offset what these charlatans say they have lost.
They say lost where other club owners would say invested.

Reactions: GSM
A lot of different sources now saying Danson has entered talks to buy the club,simple question Yes or No?After this idiot i would now say yes as literally it could be our last chance.
Confirmed tonight by Kendrick that he is indeed in discussion to buy us,so again Yes or No?

Just a thought, when the liars bought us wasn't the ruling that they had to provide proof of at least 2 years running costs as laid down by the EFL?. Well they failed on that big time so the bloody EFL need to look at themselves before handing out more punishments on our club.

Wouldn't blame him if he went to be honest. He's been messed about by the owners from the start. He's a young manager wanting to kick start his career and bar 1 or 2, every club in the EFL is a better prospect for him than us at the min.

Just got to hope selfishly that he stays because of his loyalty and love of the club.

I can't even think selfishly for the man. I hope to God he fucks off for the good of his career. He ain't making a career in this mess we're in

Just a thought, when the liars bought us wasn't the ruling that they had to provide proof of at least 2 years running costs as laid down by the EFL?. Well they failed on that big time so the bloody EFL need to look at themselves before handing out more punishments on our club.
Prove a plan and 3 years funding I believe. They've probably converted more funds from debt to shares than the initial efl plan and until the "gravy train" stopped it looked like it was going well.

Proof doesn't require it actually happens.

Last edited:
Confirmed tonight by Kendrick that he is indeed in discussion to buy us,so again Yes or No?
Why is this even a question -we may have a very wealthy Wigan person interested in taking over the club or the other options are chancers like " Mr Rola Cola" - It's about time this kind of stupid question was consigned to history and the bin !

To be absolutely fair Perdika, that's not exactly what PK said. He tweeted "Far as I’m aware there is no bid yet. But he’s in the discussion".

It might be my usual pedantry coming out, but I suspect that "in discussion to buy" and "in the discussion" are two separate positions. All that said, given the other options, I hope it's true that he is interested in buying us, and is moving toward doing summat about it.

The club also need to stop putting out embarrassing posts like this that make us a laughing stock
A statement from the ownership group:

A deal has been agreed in principle for the sale of Wigan Athletic Football Club to a prospective new buyer - subject to EFL approval.

The prospective new owners have committed to resolving all outstanding liabilities at the earliest opportunity.

Further updates on this process will follow in due course.

The club also need to stop putting out embarrassing posts like this that make us a laughing stock
A statement from the ownership group:

A deal has been agreed in principle for the sale of Wigan Athletic Football Club to a prospective new buyer - subject to EFL approval.

The prospective new owners have committed to resolving all outstanding liabilities at the earliest opportunity.

Further updates on this process will follow in due course.

Maybe (cos of bollocks like that), you have your reason why they've tended not to bother too much with official comms over the past couple of years ! :LOL:

If there is any interest from Danson I'd say yes for sure.

I remember when there was supposed rumours about Lennigan buying us and apparently not planning to pump lots of money it but live within our means and focus on bringing through our own talent and a lot of people weren't happy with that. But that is pretty similar to the more sustainable plan Talal said he wanted to implement in the last fan meeting that most people thought was very reasonable. Maybe people werent ready to accept it back when it might have been Lennigan trying to implement it or maybe it was just because people assumed Lennigan was acting in bad faith. But whatever the case unless we are lucky enough to find someone who is rich enough and willing to pump millions every year for love of the club, we have to move to a self sustainable model to avoid this ever happening again.

So if Danson showed interest and wants to do the same thing are the fans going to accept that? The way the fans treated the rumours of Lennigans interest last time might even put him off.

I am not even bothered if Lennigan is involved. I know a lot of Latics fans hate due to him being involved with Warriors. But he is a football man from his time at Oxford and the EFL - so I think if he was involved he'd probably want it to work rather than spite us. I think at a time like this it's time to park the rivalry and think if having local people in charge who have football experience actually outweighs the old grudge.

Also another thing I'll add is the council has a say in if the stadium is sold. So the idea that anyone related from Warriors would buy us to just get the stadium and then dump the football club itself wouldn't be allowed to happen. If they did somehow get permission to transfer stadium ownership and they took over the massive annual loss the stadium makes I can't say that upsets me - the stadium has always been a bit of a milestone around our neck financially.

Also if Warriors and Latics were ran by the same people there could be opportunities for a lot of cost saving for both (we both probably run seperate sports science, medical, recovery, gym, etc equipment that that could be shared). Along with a possibility that we could get business rates reduced as Super League is obviously not as financially well off as football.

I really hope Danson puts a bid in. I think that is probably our best best - local billionaire.

I had no problem with Lenegan’s supposed interest in merging the clubs last time round, but it transpired that he wasn’t interested in…or unable to run the football club….his sole interest being in acquiring the stadium.
As annoyed as I was at that he was beholden to secure a venue for his own club at a point where it looked like the whole thing could go bump.

Nonetheless if Danson with or without Lenegan in tow are serious and we don’t yet know if that’s true…..that news would be gratefully received by me.

I had no problem with Lenegan’s supposed interest in merging the clubs last time round, but it transpired that he wasn’t interested in…or unable to run the football club….his sole interest being in acquiring the stadium.
As annoyed as I was at that he was beholden to secure a venue for his own club at a point where it looked like the whole thing could go bump.

Nonetheless if Danson with or without Lenegan in tow are serious and we don’t yet know if that’s true…..that news would be gratefully received by me.

To be fair though he initially showed interest in buying both club and stadium but got backlash for it from much of our fan base and i think couldn't afford the 6 or 7m price and backed off.

Then Ganyae and his American backers who were the leading bidders at the time said they wanted to buy the club without the stadium and he came back to talk about buying just the stadium.

So maybe it wasnt as sinister as people think?

If the boot was on the other foot and Warriors owned the stadium and were in financial trouble and their potential new owners didn't want the ground our owners probably would've done the same, not out of spite but because you were effectively told it's available.

No they didn't, it was 2 years ago in February/March that they bought us. So co-incidentaly or not it was just 2 years when the real financial shit hit the fan

Then maybe we can start to utilise the stadium and it's facilities better for other events like Bolton do !

To be honest I think 2 sports and 6 week annual pitch maintenance make it very difficult to do concerts. But we certainly don't make the most of the rest of the facilities. Although im not sure what the Sodexo 1m contract means to that.