The Frederic Guilbert Thread | Page 16 | Vital Football

The Frederic Guilbert Thread

Spot on there I was thinking similar, certainly Sanson would be on decent money , like you say £50k a week and what was it a 4 year deal. That's £10m to just show up for training . No point moving unless it's for equal or more money .

How does neither the Manager nor the DoF not know that what has happened to Guilbert and Sanson is only negative for the squad.

This is Aston Villa, we have been here before and it was one factor in Villa's relegation.

He had a face like a slapped arse when he scored against Barrow which was his last game under Deano, you could see he wasn't going to sit on the bench and fight for his place back then.
He obviously hasn't had a change of thought.
I know it's yet another chance to have a pop at Gerrard but this lad hasn't wanted to play since Cash had his place, contrast that with 37-year-old Ashley Young who is a far better player than Freddie will ever be sitting on our bench waiting for a chance and 19-year-old Kesler out on loan at some shite hole trying to force his way up the ladder.
I wonder why he hasn't got a loan, as he's obviously so unlucky not to be playing for the French national team he's so good
Nobody wants him and it isn't because he is a bad footballer, same with Sanson.
Although he's in the squad I believe and actually a better player than some that are picked this season.
Afraid despite some wanting to find yet more excuses to bash the club, players who are good enough and have the right attitude and temperament get picked if they are good enough.
We've all worked with people who are far better than ourselves but have an attitude problem or as I call it a mind of their own. I was that person without a doubt, I was very good at what I did but also very much anti-management or so they thought. It never got me anywhere but I felt better.
I suspect Freddie, like myself, can't lick arse but it won't help his career, it's just getting people feeling sorry for him on his couple of million a year

He had a face like a slapped arse when he scored against Barrow which was his last game under Deano, you could see he wasn't going to sit on the bench and fight for his place back then.
I know it's yet another chance to have a pop at Gerrard but this lad hasn't wanted to play since Cash had his place, contrast that with 37-year-old Ashley Young who is a far better player than Freddie will ever be sitting on our bench waiting for a chance and 19-year-old Kesler out on loan at some shite hole trying to force his way up the ladder.
I wonder why he hasn't got a loan, as he's obviously so unlucky not to be playing for the French national team he's so good
Although he's in the squad I believe and actually a better player than some that are picked this season.
Afraid despite some wanting to find yet more excuses to bash the club, players who are good enough and have the right attitude and temperament get picked if they are good enough.
We've all worked with people who are far better than ourselves but have an attitude problem or as I call it a mind of their own. I was that person without a doubt, I was very good at what I did but also very much anti-management or so they thought. It never got me anywhere but I felt better.
I suspect Freddie, like myself, can't lick arse but it won't help his career, it's just getting people feeling sorry for him on his couple of million a year

I too was a squeaky wheel in a very corporate environment, I got out by saying I wouldn't take their money anymore. They do want me back, even though they know I have 0 affinity for their corporate culture and I am open about my Cannabis use (my boss used to joke about it). Note: I did not operate heavy machinery.

As soon as someone is sent to the U21's it is a silent admission the manager cannot do anything with that player. For whatever reason. That's a limitation of the manager as it's their job to get the best out of the players they have.

I don't argue that there are difficult players with attitude, and if so you especially need to get them out of the door. Their negativity will seep into the dressing room, even if they aren't in it. Instagram, Whatsapp, etc etc.

Auba for me was one of the best examples of this. It's no coincidence that Arsenal improved only after he and Ozil departed. Not the only reason but definately a part of it, imo.

I've no idea if Auba,Ozil or Dele Alli are/were disruptive off the pitch but I'd say they were all moved on because they weren't producing on the pitch. Auba in particular is a decent player but seems he can't be arsed half the time (or gave that impression at least).
No idea if Guilbert is disruptive or not either but I'd be less than pleased to be taken to Aus to play one half and then dumped straight back to training with the kids.
I don't think Young is adequate cover tbh despite a good show defending against city.

Him and Sanson will both end up leaving for nowt.
Should have just terminated their contracts if we're pissing about and have no intention of using either.

Maybe the new manager will have a use for them

It’s just an assumption that no one has come in to take him on loan. There was no issues last year. Can’t hardly blame him if the club want to send him out on loan . His home should be Birmingham because the club took a presumably diligent decision not long ago to sign him yet he is facing living in a third different location in 3 years. I have no doubt he is properly pissed off. You would be, I would be.

Same is happening with Sanson. This club and SG are failing the players we bought. They are not managing their resources properly. Mings, Sanson, Freddie and I would add a probable issue with Bailey before long, if not already, as well. Soon to be PC and Buendia as we now have to bench certain players because the all about me manager after 10 months can’t sort out a plan.

Not lost on me that when we score nowadays all the players huddle together and go nowhere near the bench. Against Citeh Mings was gesturing the players together. I think any performances we get is them doing it for themselves and each other and not The Parking Attendant. The player issue we have is them not being managed properly .

The club is sliding I’m afraid. It’s all building and has been building since Jack left. And the ridiculous SG appointment has massively exacerbated things.

It’s just an assumption that no one has come in to take him on loan. There was no issues last year. Can’t hardly blame him if the club want to send him out on loan . His home should be Birmingham because the club took a presumably diligent decision not long ago to sign him yet he is facing living in a third different location in 3 years. I have no doubt he is properly pissed off. You would be, I would be.

Same is happening with Sanson. This club and SG are failing the players we bought. They are not managing their resources properly. Mings, Sanson, Freddie and I would add a probable issue with Bailey before long, if not already, as well. Soon to be PC and Buendia as we now have to bench certain players because the all about me manager after 10 months can’t sort out a plan.

Not lost on me that when we score nowadays all the players huddle together and go nowhere near the bench. Against Citeh Mings was gesturing the players together. I think any performances we get is them doing it for themselves and each other and not The Parking Attendant. The player issue we have is them not being managed properly .

The club is sliding I’m afraid. It’s all building and has been building since Jack left. And the ridiculous SG appointment has massively exacerbated things.
The same happened under Deano mate, same players different managers suggest there may a be a problem if things are not going exactly as they want ie playing every week regardless of form, attitude, training or whatever.
I'm sure if they were unchallenged every game they'd all be happy

I think we all know Freddie isn’t the answer, after a promising start he just doesn’t seem quite up the premier league. He must be one of the fastest players we’ve had a Villa, couldn’t believe his pace but no good when you can’t use it. The irony of the Freddie situation, is that he’s the mould of player our Scouse PE teacher seems to want at full back.

I can only add to the opinions that his treatment is awful, it’s purposely humiliating and degrading. Freddie’s reaction is quite professional in context of what has happened. Pathetic by SG, the things he does really are the sorts of things 12 year old me did on a computer game.

The same happened under Deano mate, same players different managers suggest there may a be a problem if things are not going exactly as they want ie playing every week regardless of form, attitude, training or whatever.
I'm sure if they were unchallenged every game they'd all be happy

Its not the same players under different managers. Its one (Freddie if it’s down to him) Sanson was bought in Feb 21, was injured in April. Came back in August then was injured in September. Then the parking attendant came in so he hardly had any chance under Deano for anyone to suggest there was an attitude problem . All Sanson‘s problems have been with SG. Mings never had a problem under Deano , he was made captain. Can’t think anyone else having a problem under Deano. Simple fact is that the dressing room has appeared to deteriorate under SG due decisions he has made around individuals and around the squad.

Last edited:

Seems like he has just decided to sit on his contract and now he is making a spectacle of things. I'd assume the spectacle is to engineer a payout from the club and make us look like a mess. I lean toward the idea that he is a disruptive influence. Its all speculation though, we don't know what he has done, what the club has done, we know nothing, nobody is leaking rumours about him.

Sanson, I still have sympathy for him. Our midfield has had problems even before he walked in the door and we still have issues. His chance is probably gone now but I dont think he got a fair go of things and he even praised the club when speaking to Kamara. I think he has some petulance in him but overall I dont think he is a disruptor or would cause disharmony.

Its not the same players under different managers. Its one (Freddie if it’s down to him) Sanson was bought in Feb 21, was injured in April. Came back in August then was injured in September. Then the parking attendant came in so he hardly had any chance under Deano for anyone to suggest there was an attitude problem . All Sanson‘s problems have been with SG. Mings never had a problem under Deano , he was made captain. Can’t think anyone else having a problem under Deano. Simple fact is that the dressing room has appeared to deteriorate under SG due decisions he has made around individuals and around the squad.
El Ghazi was also treated in a classless manner, made to train with the kids despite doing nothing wrong and being a good servant to the club all things considered.

I did see a couple of things suggesting he had teams in France interested but didn't want to pay what we wanted for him. I suppose that's the problem with bombing someone out completely as a player is really only going to fetch a price comparative to what he's worth to the club. If you treat a player like he's not worth anything you can't be surprised if teams won't pay decent money for him.

It will be down to his wages and him seeing out his contracted amount of money we owe him. He isn't going anywhere for a pay cut. Neither would I

El Ghazi was also treated in a classless manner, made to train with the kids despite doing nothing wrong and being a good servant to the club all things considered.

Except none of that actually happened did it? He had a baby and was granted personal leave so chose not to fly out on the pre-season tour and stayed at home and played and trained with the kids to keep up his fitness.

It wasn't classless. It was due to him becoming a father.