The Formula 1 Thread | Page 59 | Vital Football

The Formula 1 Thread

Disapponting doesn't quite cover it. How could they have got it so wrong?
Totally.

Shambolic qualifying all round with the red flags etc. Merc are all over the place right now, amazing to see really. I just can't get my head around this porpoising stuff that the teams are going through.

Have to say, I am a big fan of Leclerc and I can kind of tolerate Ferrari, so hope he can keep up the good work.

I can't tolerate Ferrari since they got caught cheating a few years ago and I do wonder if they are at it again given their pace.

Not got any strong feelings either way, not got the obsessive love some have for the team, but they did put all their eggs in developing this car basket, accepting how poor they were going to be with the last of the previous cars.

What annoys me most is that Mercedes lost Hamilton last years title because they weren't developing that car, but instead concentrated on the 2022 one.

Looks like the screwed up on both.

Agreed. Remarkable. And yet all the talk before the season started was they were going to be way ahead of the pack. Really strange.

To me all the investment and gains made by teams over the last few years have gone out of the window with these ridiculous new designs that make the cars look no better than powerful go karts. I think the number of accidents we are seeing shows it's a dangerous experiment that has gone wrong.

To me all the investment and gains made by teams over the last few years have gone out of the window with these ridiculous new designs that make the cars look no better than powerful go karts. I think the number of accidents we are seeing shows it's a dangerous experiment that has gone wrong.

It is strange isn't it, how we can all watch the same thing and interpret them so differently.

I think it is fabulous that the cars are raceable, no dirty air problems, think it is much improved racing.

Some of the drivers seem to have given it the thumbs up racing wise.

It is strange isn't it, how we can all watch the same thing and interpret them so differently.

I think it is fabulous that the cars are raceable, no dirty air problems, think it is much improved racing.

Some of the drivers seem to have given it the thumbs up racing wise.

I think the drivers are giving it the thumbs up as it has given some a chance of being World Champion who hadn't a hope in hell before.

With the handling problems caused by this new design, I can see someone getting seriously hurt which will raise a lot of questions.

The Yanks just can't leave anything alone and F1 is becoming more like NASCAR, a sport that has been littered with deaths.

Looks like Hamilton has already given up on this season. Wouldn't surprise me at all to see him jumping ship to Ferrari at the end of the season.

If the changes were made to make racing closer, then it's a complete failure.

Verstappen 12 seconds ahead of his team mate, Leclerc 3 seconds behind then Norris a further 24 seconds behind.

Great performance from Lando, and also Russell. Wonder how much of a struggle motivation was for Lewis, as it is (obv) the same car Russell is driving.

Great performance from Lando, and also Russell. Wonder how much of a struggle motivation was for Lewis, as it is (obv) the same car Russell is driving.

I'm surprised Lewis hasn't moved on from F1 after last year's cheating fiasco.

Horner has the FIA exactly where he wants them.

First time I've switched a F1 grand prix off during the race for years and I'm not sure I'm going to bother watching it again.

I'm surprised Lewis hasn't moved on from F1 after last year's cheating fiasco.

Horner has the FIA exactly where he wants them.

First time I've switched a F1 grand prix off during the race for years and I'm not sure I'm going to bother watching it again.

LOL, same here. Couldn't watch that shower of shite. The DRS chain you get makes it useless. Not many overtakes at all. The only exciting part are the tyre changes, where something might go wrong.

LOL, same here. Couldn't watch that shower of shite. The DRS chain you get makes it useless. Not many overtakes at all. The only exciting part are the tyre changes, where something might go wrong.

F1 will be finished if it continues like this. It's heading the same way as a lot of sports have gone including football. It's all about the money.