The Fitness/Nutrition Thread | Page 40 | Vital Football

The Fitness/Nutrition Thread

So the last 2-3 days I have been feeling absolutely fine so went to Cannon Hill and ended up doing a 4 mile run at a very steady pace (9.30 mins per mile) and was delighted with my cardio fitness etc. Was barely out of breath at the end which was the idea , just didn't really expect to run that far.

So the last 2-3 days I have been feeling absolutely fine so went to Cannon Hill and ended up doing a 4 mile run at a very steady pace (9.30 mins per mile) and was delighted with my cardio fitness etc. Was barely out of breath at the end which was the idea , just didn't really expect to run that far.

That‘s great news considering what you had and the possible affect on the chest.

Last edited:

Even stronger than Trump.

Just finished an absolute beasting. Im a bit wobbly now.
Started off with a 15k walk with the parents in sutton park. (We bumped into some wild exmoor ponies and a twatty family went running over to them and spooked them... luckily i always carry a bag of carrots on such walks so i managed to slowly follow them and feed them from a sensible distance and they calmed down nicely - why are people so fecking stupid) anyway....
Got back and did an hour of weights. I did the following challenge for all muscle groups.
Will give the example of bicep curls. You bang out as many reps as you possibly can do. Rest for 10 seconds. Bang out as many as you can. Rest for 10 seconds and then again bang out as many as you can.
It bloody hurts.
Then a 12k run with a 12kg weighted rucksack.
Then i returned and did burpees until failure.

I am feeling a little fragile.

You still should take it slowly, you are most likely 'lucky' and won't have any, but plenty are apparently suffering a long tail. Just being easy for a week or two really isn't a bad thing and could be a good insurance for not having any kickback. Your body has just fought off a pretty smart and strong virus. Let it have a bit of a rest to be sure you are fully over it.

You still should take it slowly, you are most likely 'lucky' and won't have any, but plenty are apparently suffering a long tail. Just being easy for a week or two really isn't a bad thing and could be a good insurance for not having any kickback. Your body has just fought off a pretty smart and strong virus. Let it have a bit of a rest to be sure you are fully over it.

Yes. I had no set target yesterday. I f I had only been able to do half a mile I would have. Didn't push it at all and stopped at 4 miles even though I could have gone on to do further. Will not be doing any more than that for a while. Will be listening to my body as always.

I've decided I find the 'maintenance' phase a lot harder than the initial losing weight phase.

When you are losing you see the number dropping on the scales and the tape measure which keeps you going.

Now I'm putting in the same effort to keep things steady and I find it frustrating.

Still doing it. Still watching what I eat, still going to the gym, but find it harder and takes more convincing myself to do now that I'm not seeing such dramatic results.

The above is probably why i've yo-yo'd all my life to be fair. Never been very good at maintaining once hitting my targets, but this time seem to be doing much better. Been on this diet/fitness kick for 10 months now which is probably the most prolonged time I've done in my life.

That is the trouble, when in the weight loss 'zone' you (not you specifically) are a man/woman on a mission and focussed. Once done, you think you are there. Then...

That is the where the problems come in.

If you stick to the training, focus on a bit of definition, or finding a sport/exercise you like (so if you enjoy running, keep beating your records etc) then you re-focus from the weight loss to being competitive at your activity. Even if it is just making sure you do x steps, or so many lengths swimming and so on.

I am in the limbo bit at the moment, bored, frustrated, snacking a bit more, having a bit more red wine, not able to train, or walk, at all. This pees me off because as you know, all I want to do is be able to go for some nice walks and do my gym. So I don't need motivating.

I was starting to get into the best shape of my life as well.

So maybe now for you/others in a similar position, it is time to re-focus? Keep an eye on the diet, and enjoy cooking different things. But focus on getting into shape? I know with you that wouldn't be just the gym, you aren't mad keen on that. But you were enjoying the running weren't you?