The Fear being moved! | Page 7 | Vital Football

The Fear being moved!

Only read the first couple of posts so apologies. But this also happened at Dean Court following promotion.

We’ve lost hundreds of seats to cameras and the media.

As you’ll all point out we only have a shed to begin with so that was a large proportion of our long term fan based that were moved.

Due to restrictions it meant people who had sat together for over a decade were split up as there weren’t large empty areas to move people all together.

All a bit sad for the regular match going fan.

Aye, all a bit crap. The annoying thing with this one is, we have a big press box and there are other places they could have done this. Too late now, unless they relent, which it seems they won't.

Excuse my ignorance here, if villa say to sky they can't have the seat that j fear sits in, what exactly could they do about it?

Just to be clear, it isn't sky, it is other broadcasters. I contacted a reporter at SSN who I've done interviews for over the years, as he said, he used to sit behind me when we were last in the PL and they were needed down there. They have the first two seats and only come to the televised matches.

Trouble is now, if I was able to kick up enough fuss about this, to make them change their minds (not powerful enough, just making the point!) then no doubt some other fans from somewhere else would have to move for the broadcasters. That would be low of me to say 'I'm alright Jack'.

What I don't get is what the press box is for, the radio and other broadcasters are up there, it is all kitted out, the view is much better and they don't get soaking wet if it rains.

It was just such a unique seat and for the PL to have the power to tell me and dad to eff off after all these years is appalling.

They'll want Deano and Terry to move next. That dugout is a prime spot, has comfy seats and is covered. Sod the football we'll watch the pundits telling us about the game instead and we can stay in a nice warm bar somewhere.

Just to be clear, it isn't sky, it is other broadcasters. I contacted a reporter at SSN who I've done interviews for over the years, as he said, he used to sit behind me when we were last in the PL and they were needed down there. They have the first two seats and only come to the televised matches.

Trouble is now, if I was able to kick up enough fuss about this, to make them change their minds (not powerful enough, just making the point!) then no doubt some other fans from somewhere else would have to move for the broadcasters. That would be low of me to say 'I'm alright Jack'.

What I don't get is what the press box is for, the radio and other broadcasters are up there, it is all kitted out, the view is much better and they don't get soaking wet if it rains.

It was just such a unique seat and for the PL to have the power to tell me and dad to eff off after all these years is appalling.

If we hadn't gone down would this have still become a problem? I mean you were O.K there before we went down. Suppose it's not a question that can be definitely answered. Just a musing from me

So I've had to admit defeat. I've refused to move to the alternatives, they didn't suit, I'd have been seething, it was away from my friends etc. It's a crap situation.

So I'm doing a season in the 82 restaurant. It's not cheap but at least it's different enough to try to enjoy this transition. No idea what I'll do the following season. Walking away disgusted is still on the table. Hopefully I'll come up with something that suits me at that time.

At dad's age this is likely to be his last season so it wouldn't have been a fitting end to walk away this year..

Hope the PL are proud of themselves. As if they give a shit. Fans are an inconvenience in modern £00tball.

Naybe one day the bubble will burst, the greedy suits will walk away and... Nah. Won't happen, it's a cash cow innit.

When VR coverage comes into force, I can see a lot of fans not going to stadiums to watch games.

would save on petrol Fulford! lol

Can't beat live. Not totally sure how I'll feel being in corporate for every match, before I'd do one or two a season and really enjoyed it. I did think last season, when the old fella and me got soaked and were freezing, I might like to retire up there and have more comfort/warmth, but I don't think I actually meant it! I might find it great, the view is certainly different to what I am used to, I feel totally connected to the game where I am but you do miss out in other aspects of the game.

I know which I prefer but now I will get to see if I like it elsewhere !

It'll be fantastic JF, prawn sandwiches, canapés, drinks with umbrellas and the mighty Villa smashing the opposition - all in the warm and dry "corporate" area.

Seriously though, good luck and hope you enjoy.

I know how you feel. I can only watch from the Holte End although there's a few seats to choose from. I do yearn for the days when I stood on the Holte. Progress huh?

So I've had to admit defeat. I've refused to move to the alternatives, they didn't suit, I'd have been seething, it was away from my friends etc. It's a crap situation.

So I'm doing a season in the 82 restaurant. It's not cheap but at least it's different enough to try to enjoy this transition. No idea what I'll do the following season. Walking away disgusted is still on the table. Hopefully I'll come up with something that suits me at that time.

At dad's age this is likely to be his last season so it wouldn't have been a fitting end to walk away this year..

Hope the PL are proud of themselves. As if they give a shit. Fans are an inconvenience in modern £00tball.

Naybe one day the bubble will burst, the greedy suits will walk away and... Nah. Won't happen, it's a cash cow innit.

The 82 Restaurant is awesome Fear. Only been up there once, for my birthday last season, and I loved it. The view from the seats was something I'd never experienced before - I didn't realise there were seats with views that good! And I got to meet Ken McNaught, Sid, Brian Little and Tony Morley. It's my dream to have a season in corporate one day!

The 82 Restaurant is awesome Fear. Only been up there once, for my birthday last season, and I loved it. The view from the seats was something I'd never experienced before - I didn't realise there were seats with views that good! And I got to meet Ken McNaught, Sid, Brian Little and Tony Morley. It's my dream to have a season in corporate one day!

It is, done it a few times, but did it by choice and when I wanted! The directors lounge is very special as well. Not cheap mind!

King Ken, lucky enough to know him. Top guy.