The Fear being moved! | Vital Football

The Fear being moved!

The Fear

A Wise Man (once sat next to him)
Just been told Sky want the 8 seats by where I sit, despite the fact they only ever have 2 people at games.

(update, spoke with good contact at sky who spoke with his boss as well. It isn't them asking, they only need one more seat for their requirements and it isn't by me)

That means I'll have to be re-located. Trouble is, I don't want to be re-located, I want the loyalty shown to me that I've shown to Villa, since 1977 (wasn't a season ticket all those years, but was regular, season ticket since late 80's/early 90's can't quite recall).

I'm of a mind to say that is that, modern football can't do this to loyal fans. I need the front row for my dodgy legs, they seize up if I go back and don't have leg space. They can move me a block down, but I've been here since this stand was built, why should I be bullied by big money companies?!

I guess this is progress.

Last edited:
While I feel for you and I know you love your seats and your little gang of friends you sit with, I guess it is progress..... Spurs just moved 37,000 of their fans to new seats.

Seems a little daft if they won't be actually using them though. Would be galling to move and then see your seat empty every week.

Did they only tell you this after your meet with Purslow? cunning gits! You could have farted in his general direction if you'd known in advance.

Did they only tell you this after your meet with Purslow? cunning gits! You could have farted in his general direction if you'd known in advance.

Yup, wasn't mentioned until a call this afternoon. I was calm and polite with the head of the ticket off, she was polite and understood, was a bit gutted to be calling I'm sure.

I've already bought those seats, it is the principle of that, but also, it's a big part of going, like a lot of you will also know, the people you have known for years, staff come up and talk because they know where I sit, it's just a great seat, involved watching managers/players etc

I'm not one to be bullied. I also do consider I've done a fair bit over the years for the club, not blowing my own trumpet, but the General admits Acorns wouldn't have happened without me, I did the marathon to raise funds for the Foundation, I championed VMF, got to the VFC's to represent (it all costs in petrol and time etc)

Then Sky are allowed to tell you, after (when was the stand built, early 90's?) to fuck off.

Who do sky want to sit there? Maybe you could get in on the whole pundit gig, sounds like a compulsory purchase.

That's disgraceful. Similar to when all those got moved to make way for the hospitality seats - which are also always empty but probably won't be for this season. Not sure what to advise but you are right, this is where the game has gone.

That’s piss poor to be honest, probably out of the clubs hands knowing how it all works these days, but can’t you pull your sway as a “influential” fan? Say you’ll kick up a fuss see what happens