The Fear being moved! | Page 3 | Vital Football

The Fear being moved!

If its not Sky Its got to be the Villa then? Unless of course it is for VAR equipment. For VAR equipment it would be understandable if a royal PITA? However i cant see any other reason is acceptable. Im guessing VAR equipment will have to be similar at all premier grounds to ensure a level playing field? Are they going to have a small hut for the screens the ref refers to with VAR? I see they normally have one at the side of the pitch.

But then why blame Sky? I am so glad I didn't shoot from the hip, slate them on twitter and make a pratt of myself. I'd not have liked blaming someone whose fault it wasn't.

For me, I need to be central, sometimes moving my head is agony (cheering, laughing, trying to shout etc can be, it all raises the brain pressure)

And I need leg space, which I get on the front row.

Also, when Im bad, if I'm slurring my words, looking drugged up, falling up the steps etc, people know me more around there and most will realise I'm not drunk. Just not fancying a move. I'd go to middle trinity central at a stretch, but those are the posh seats now, don't have that sort of money, and do have to have someone with me ideally.

I used to sit further down the ground towards the north stand, I didn't like it. Simple as that really!

The person who rung you may think SKY administer VAR. When in fact i presume its the EPL? Its all guess work anyway. Personally i would find out the reason before going off on one. I would however be upset after all those years in the same place. No idea on the mechanics of VAR though as applied to the EPL. Im guessing the ref will have a screen to look at though?

Certainly not going off on one, I've sent a decent email, they can consider, up to them. Pushing out fans isn't the way to go though, you need those who are those in the bad times, not just the good!

Certainly not going off on one, I've sent a decent email, they can consider, up to them. Pushing out fans isn't the way to go though, you need those who are those in the bad times, not just the good!

I was not suggesting you were going off on one. You are rightly upset as most people would be. However if it turns out its not for VAR facilitation, i would go off on one after all those years.

However if it turns out its not for VAR facilitation, i would go off on one after all those years.

If it turns out it IS for VAR, I would go off on one. They need to locate it somewhere suitable, ie the tunnel entrance. It's a fucking telly on a trolley FFS.

Assuming this is about VAR obviously :grinning:

Kind of sums up everything that pisses me off with the modern game and the Prem in particular. If I was told to change my seat in the Holte JF where I've had my season ticket since the stand was built I'd be feeling just like you are......it's not right and shouldn't happen to loyal fans who support the club, week in, week out, through the good times and the desperation of recent years....end of!

What a horrible dilemma. Good to see you’re not going with the “do you know who I am?” approach, which apart from being naff doesn’t help others in the same position.
In a way this is just the inevitable course of “progress”, of big business. Doesn’t make it any less annoying, but it’s hard to stay pissed off at the Villa for long. That said, if you love your seat that much, somebody should be compensating you. Perhaps you could watch a couple of games with Ian Taylor or He Who Walks on Water?

Thanks Langoe, spoken to quite a few people because logically I do know there are worse things, I missed two seasons after my brain chop for instance, that wasn't fun!! But football is all about the ritual (queue Holtelower!!!!!!!!!!!! :grinning:) and the people around etc. Not just the football, which, as we all, know, has been woeful half the time in the last goodness knows how many years.

What a horrible dilemma. Good to see you’re not going with the “do you know who I am?” approach, which apart from being naff doesn’t help others in the same position.
In a way this is just the inevitable course of “progress”, of big business. Doesn’t make it any less annoying, but it’s hard to stay pissed off at the Villa for long. That said, if you love your seat that much, somebody should be compensating you. Perhaps you could watch a couple of games with Ian Taylor or He Who Walks on Water?

Yes, very important to me, if there is a solution, that it doesn't mean I get my way and someone else has to move.

As I've said, it is also down to the intricacies of my brain aches. If I go back even one row, the space for my legs isn't enough. I struggle quite often at games (and amazingly sometimes, I can breeze up the stairs without a care in the world, brains are very strange things) but if I can't move my legs they just 'go'.

They are going to get in touch with me today, after I sent a pretty nice letter asking where the loyalty is etc. So we'll see. The right explanation would do for a start really so I'm sure I'll get that at least.

Yes, very important to me, if there is a solution, that it doesn't mean I get my way and someone else has to move.

As I've said, it is also down to the intricacies of my brain aches. If I go back even one row, the space for my legs isn't enough. I struggle quite often at games (and amazingly sometimes, I can breeze up the stairs without a care in the world, brains are very strange things) but if I can't move my legs they just 'go'.

They are going to get in touch with me today, after I sent a pretty nice letter asking where the loyalty is etc. So we'll see. The right explanation would do for a start really so I'm sure I'll get that at least.

I totally understand where you are coming from JF. Mobility is the main reason why I rarely attend VP these days and sitting cramped up for around 2 hours takes more than 2 days to get back to normal. Then there's the painful walk back to the car and the 2 hours to drive home.
Stick to your guns mate, there must be a mutually agreed solution to this. I can't believe the club can't come up with something for such an influential and loyal supporter.

Yeah, club are being very responsive, it is all the media, not just sky. It is a PL requirement, must be new because I have sat there throughout the history of the PL. Nice helpful call from our chief commercial officer, club are going to ask the PL to relent and accept alternative to those two seats.

We shall see.

A positive response and a nice bit of respect for the help I've given the club to be fair. So even if it isn't resolved, I'll be happy with their efforts.

Question is:-

"Did you buy and pay for THAT seat prior to being told it was NOT your seat"?

Did you pay for THAT seat or was the season ticket you purchased for any seat?

Speak to Mike Field he know stuff.................