The fantasy deal that will not die | Vital Football

The fantasy deal that will not die

Spursex

Alert Team
Just more clickbait or more than that?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...set-talks-sensational-Gareth-Bale-return.html

Could Gareth Bale really seal sensational Tottenham return? Daniel Levy's men and Real Madrid to hold talks TODAY over shock swoop for their former star… but Welshman would have to agree to pay cut
  • Tottenham and Real Madrid set for talks over possible return for Gareth Bale
  • Wales star has played a bit-part role at the Bernabeu this season amid injuries
  • But he would have to agree to substantial cut on £600k-a-week wages to move
  • Real would also want a transfer fee for a player that cost them £85m in 2013
  • Bale's agent Jonathan Barnett has already ruled out possibility of a loan move
By Adam Shergold for MailOnline

Published: 13:38, 29 January 2020 | Updated: 13:41, 29 January 2020

Tottenham and Real Madrid will enter talks on Wednesday over a sensational return for Gareth Bale - but the Wales star would have to agree to a massive pay cut.

Bale, 30, moved to the Bernabeu from Spurs for a world record £85million fee back in the summer of 2013, but has been far from a first-choice pick for Zinedine Zidane.

He has featured in just 12 LaLiga and three Champions League matches in what has been another injury-plagued season after he fell out with Zidane last summer.

Tottenham and Real Madrid are set for talks on Wednesday over a potential return for Bale

Bale came close to a move to China but stayed and was eventually reintegrated into the first team, scoring three goals and contributing two assists this season.

But Jose Mourinho is keen on bringing Bale back to north London and the two clubs are set for preliminary talks even though there are many obstacles to overcome.

Real would have to be prepared to allow Bale to depart for next to nothing and the player himself would have to agree to a substantial wage cut from his present £600,000-a-week.

Bale's wages of £600,000-a-week will prove a sticking point in any negotiations this month

Tottenham manager Jose Mourinho still wants reinforcements as the deadline approaches

Chairman Daniel Levy is unlikely to sanction Bale's wages or pay a large transfer fee
The Spanish club blocked Bale's summer move to China when they realised no transfer fee would be forthcoming.

It is understood that Bale isn't prepared to take a wage decrease and is contracted to Madrid until 2022.

And Bale's agent Jonathan Barnett has already ruled out the possibility of a loan deal this month.

Barnett said last week: 'He is one of the best players on Earth, why would one of the best players on Earth go somewhere on loan? That is ridiculous.'

Just more clickbait or more than that?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...set-talks-sensational-Gareth-Bale-return.html

Could Gareth Bale really seal sensational Tottenham return? Daniel Levy's men and Real Madrid to hold talks TODAY over shock swoop for their former star… but Welshman would have to agree to pay cut
  • Tottenham and Real Madrid set for talks over possible return for Gareth Bale
  • Wales star has played a bit-part role at the Bernabeu this season amid injuries
  • But he would have to agree to substantial cut on £600k-a-week wages to move
  • Real would also want a transfer fee for a player that cost them £85m in 2013
  • Bale's agent Jonathan Barnett has already ruled out possibility of a loan move
By Adam Shergold for MailOnline

Published: 13:38, 29 January 2020 | Updated: 13:41, 29 January 2020

Tottenham and Real Madrid will enter talks on Wednesday over a sensational return for Gareth Bale - but the Wales star would have to agree to a massive pay cut.

Bale, 30, moved to the Bernabeu from Spurs for a world record £85million fee back in the summer of 2013, but has been far from a first-choice pick for Zinedine Zidane.

He has featured in just 12 LaLiga and three Champions League matches in what has been another injury-plagued season after he fell out with Zidane last summer.

Tottenham and Real Madrid are set for talks on Wednesday over a potential return for Bale

Bale came close to a move to China but stayed and was eventually reintegrated into the first team, scoring three goals and contributing two assists this season.

But Jose Mourinho is keen on bringing Bale back to north London and the two clubs are set for preliminary talks even though there are many obstacles to overcome.

Real would have to be prepared to allow Bale to depart for next to nothing and the player himself would have to agree to a substantial wage cut from his present £600,000-a-week.

Bale's wages of £600,000-a-week will prove a sticking point in any negotiations this month

Tottenham manager Jose Mourinho still wants reinforcements as the deadline approaches

Chairman Daniel Levy is unlikely to sanction Bale's wages or pay a large transfer fee
The Spanish club blocked Bale's summer move to China when they realised no transfer fee would be forthcoming.

It is understood that Bale isn't prepared to take a wage decrease and is contracted to Madrid until 2022.

And Bale's agent Jonathan Barnett has already ruled out the possibility of a loan deal this month.

Barnett said last week: 'He is one of the best players on Earth, why would one of the best players on Earth go somewhere on loan? That is ridiculous.'
Bale is now only interested in money and who can blame him....as RM were stupid enough to pay him The alleged £600k a week for a player who has not been one of the greatest players on earth ever since he left us more fool them and they get all they deserve.
Speaking as someone who worked in Madrid for 7 years I also wouldn’t have come back here if I had been being paid one sixth of that amount of money.

If it did happen, I think that I might consider this to have been an OKish transfer window.
He would make a decent striker for a bit.
If he is all about the money and china why dont we bung them a few quid - pay his wages up until the summer then let him go to China.
What would it be? 6 million quid in wages? Although I suppose the VAT man would want his chunk.
I remember when Alan Sugar sent the SOS to Jurgen as we were looking at relegation. That worked. Just.
Same principle

This will be pretty much the case. I am wondering however if HK feels that Spurs are not making the continuing progress he has spoken about previously, whereby he is in fact OK with being used as a bargaining tool, if there are genuinely discussions going on.

I've known a relative of his for many years and the view was/is that a move abroad would one day be inevitable because of the vast riches he could achieve that he couldn't with us and the likelihood that honours would be easier in a two-horse league.

No one in their right mind would turn down Real Madrid.

I really hope and pray that this is rubbish. Why sign Bergwijn then why sign Bale who plays in the same what are we going to have 5 winger's and 1 striker (not counting Parrott)

I really hope and pray that this is rubbish. Why sign Bergwijn then why sign Bale who plays in the same what are we going to have 5 winger's and 1 striker (not counting Parrott)

You always need quality strength in depth and you could easily see why he could be useful, whether we get a targetman or not, especially if we managed to move Lamela on (which is beginning to look achievable).

Always an agenda with them scum bags.

You just know if Bale arrives Kane is going the other way.

We should accept that one day he's going to be thinking more about the money and that day's not far away. As I've said many times, I think next season could be his last with us.

Wouldn’t think anyone going to China at the moment would be a wise move .
really can’t see Bale contemplating a return to us for less than what he gets now . Makes no sense .
If Harry is ever considering going to Madrid, and who could blame him and his ankles , both would seriously benefit, he could pay off half the the stadium costs on the way .
Win win situation . It’s a proven fact that we can do ok without him

Wouldn’t think anyone going to China at the moment would be a wise move .
really can’t see Bale contemplating a return to us for less than what he gets now . Makes no sense .
If Harry is ever considering going to Madrid, and who could blame him and his ankles , both would seriously benefit, he could pay off half the the stadium costs on the way .
Win win situation . It’s a proven fact that we can do ok without him

China is now a busted flush.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/stevep...of-january-2020-transfer-window/#7d9d4e3e2d70

We can't keep Harry, even if we won all and everything going, we'd never be able to match the world wide profiles and the personal sponsorships he benefit from on a global basis let alone the salary!

And Harry is only worth $150 mill now.....so Levy could only get $250 mill for him!

https://football-observatory.com/IMG/sites/b5wp/2019/wp279/en/

Last edited:
Please let this be utter bollocks. Giroud ,Sky sports say we may sign him .
There is a short list of CFs available in this window in our price range and then there is your list of unavailable, unaffordable CFs.

If we sign one from the available list no doubt you will be moaning, and if we don't sign one at all no doubt you will be moaning.

So, its a win/win for you...what's not to like?:wahey: