The fantasy deal that will not die | Page 2 | Vital Football

The fantasy deal that will not die

it's pretty much hobsons choice for strikers who can hit the ground running in this window.

If this is how far we have fallen then the people incharge need to be replaced .Giroud has scored 5 times in 2 and a half seasons in the EPL . What makes anyone think he is a good option .

If this is how far we have fallen then the people incharge need to be replaced .Giroud has scored 5 times in 2 and a half seasons in the EPL . What makes anyone think he is a good option .

He's a stop gap, he'd hopefully perform a function; so many top line strikers are out of action not just here but across Europe, no one (as of now) is letting anyone decent be hawked around by their agents, so it's the devil if you do and the devil if you don't.

Jose plays with targetmen, arguably Poch could set us up differently when Harry was out and did so pretty successfully, from what we know today, Jose doesn't or won't on a continuing basis.

He's a stop gap, he'd hopefully perform a function; so many top line strikers are out of action not just here but across Europe, no one (as of now) is letting anyone decent be hawked around by their agents, so it's the devil if you do and the devil if you don't.

Jose plays with targetmen, arguably Poch could set us up differently when Harry was out and did so pretty successfully, from what we know today, Poch doesn't or won't on a continuing basis.
Agree with it all bar (presumably) the typo (Poch/Jose at the end?!).

There is a short list of CFs available in this window in our price range and then there is your list of unavailable, unaffordable CFs.

If we sign one from the available list no doubt you will be moaning, and if we don't sign one at all no doubt you will be moaning.

So, its a win/win for you...what's not to like?:wahey:

Not really I would prefer not to sign a player just to say w signed someone. I would prefer to sign someone for the long term . Not for 4 months. Some people are just happy that we do business that's not me I guess that's where we differ . I want the best for Spurs and Giroud is not .

You think I want to to question signings I want to moan. Like a lot of people here I spend thousands a year watching spurs . Do I want to turn up Sunday and see a player who is past his best line up for us . You don't see anything wrong with that .

Whether this is bollox or not we need to learn from the Eriksen episode and cash in on Kane at his peak. Probably soon. How much we talking ?

Jose plays with targetmen, arguably Poch could set us up differently when Harry was out and did so pretty successfully, from what we know today, Jose doesn't or won't on a continuing basis.

He is awful . He is desperation . He does fit Jose's outdated style of play . I am devastated we have gone back to the days when teams had to have a big man upfront. All the top teams have shown that this is not the way to play . All we would do is help Chelsea by freeing up wages for them to sign someone better
I must admit this is making me wish we signed William Jose.

Don't forget Poch wasn't averse to throwing on Llorente (and starting him sometimes). And he kept him on the payroll a year longer than many of us wanted. The thing is, in Kane's absence, he gave us a physical presence which we otherwise lacked.

We're very lightweight with just Son and Moura, so if he's fit Giroud makes sense as a short term loan.

We should accept that one day he's going to be thinking more about the money and that day's not far away. As I've said many times, I think next season could be his last with us.

Remember I said I think this season would be his last and I still do, especially if we don't make the CL, what's the point in him hanging around for another season , what's in it for him?

Remember I said I think this season would be his last and I still do, especially if we don't make the CL, what's the point in him hanging around for another season , what's in it for him?

And I only disgaree because his last is almost 99% next season. Guess we'll know soon enough.

Don't forget Poch wasn't averse to throwing on Llorente (and starting him sometimes). And he kept him on the payroll a year longer than many of us wanted. The thing is, in Kane's absence, he gave us a physical presence which we otherwise lacked.

We're very lightweight with just Son and Moura, so if he's fit Giroud makes sense as a short term loan.

I think we'll have to buy him, the chav's have no reason to send him on, 18 month to 2 year deal it could be, ideally, just 12 months would do the trick!

Giroud doesn't fit Jose's style of a number 9 at all. Let's not even pretend it does. Jose looks for the 3 things

1) Strength in the air, playing with his back to goal, link up play
2) Pace and stamina, ability to get around the pitch and offering for the ball
3) Putting the ball in the net.

I think we're clearly getting desperate if we would want Giroud who only meets the criteria for the first one. Just think about Drogba, Zlatan, Costa and Lukaku.

Giroud is mostly static and his goal scoring record is pretty poor. If it is a 4 month stop gap then so be it. If it is £5m and an 18 month contract on >£80k per week then forget it.

Giroud doesn't fit Jose's style of a number 9 at all. Let's not even pretend it does. Jose looks for the 3 things

1) Strength in the air, playing with his back to goal, link up play
2) Pace and stamina, ability to get around the pitch and offering for the ball
3) Putting the ball in the net.

I think we're clearly getting desperate if we would want Giroud who only meets the criteria for the first one. Just think about Drogba, Zlatan, Costa and Lukaku.

Giroud is mostly static and his goal scoring record is pretty poor. If it is a 4 month stop gap then so be it. If it is £5m and an 18 month contract on >£80k per week then forget it.

Well 'allegedly' we're also considering a loan move for Benteke!!

We should throw in a reasonable bid for Calvert-Lewin. Let Everton believe that the key to keeping Richarlison AND giving Ancelotti some money is to make a sacrifice.

The key to keeping Richarlison now is to totally and utterly piss him off - then watch him sulk for the rest of the season, because they won't come back for him in the summer.