The Ezri Konsa Thread | Page 8 | Vital Football

The Ezri Konsa Thread

Once again, Mings is as good as any current English centre back. Konsa is a hell of a player too. Would I swap them for any others - no. But two massive centre backs don't make a great defence.

He’s low key developing into one of the best English centre backs. He might not make the Euros in the summer but will be in the England squad next season.

Good interview with Ezri Konsa in The Guardian today.

“It’s really enjoyable here – we’re in a really good place right now. We always believed that if we stayed up last season, then we would be much better. We are proving that. How high can we go? As high as we want. If we keep doing what we’re doing and keep trusting each other, I think we’ll go far.”

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...t-any-secret-its-just-about-learning-my-trade

Apparently, Konsa is eligible to play for DR Congo and Angola (through his parents) and, weirdly, Portugal.

The FA will be aware that Konsa still qualifies to represent DR Congo and Angola at senior level via his father and mother respectively, while The Athletic has learned he would also be eligible to turn out for Portugal and that the European champions are following him closely.

https://theathletic.com/news/konsa-aston-villa-liverpool-tottenham/iYNGuwcgHp8V

Apparently, Konsa is eligible to play for DR Congo and Angola (through his parents) and, weirdly, Portugal.

The FA will be aware that Konsa still qualifies to represent DR Congo and Angola at senior level via his father and mother respectively, while The Athletic has learned he would also be eligible to turn out for Portugal and that the European champions are following him closely.

https://theathletic.com/news/konsa-aston-villa-liverpool-tottenham/iYNGuwcgHp8V

I wonder if he'll hang around waiting for an England cap. Any other country in the world would call him up on current form.

He’s low key developing into one of the best English centre backs. He might not make the Euros in the summer but will be in the England squad next season.

Outside of Grealish he is the one I am most worried about losing. My list of devastating players are:

Grealish
Konsa
Martinez
Mings
Luiz
Targett

We've had awful luck with good centre backs and left-backs in the last 10 years.

Centre backs like Konsa are hard to come by, quick ball playing CBs who read the game well? The mans a rolls royce defender, just effortless.

Outside of Grealish he is the one I am most worried about losing. My list of devastating players are:

Grealish
Konsa
Martinez
Mings
Luiz
Targett

We've had awful luck with good centre backs and left-backs in the last 10 years.

Centre backs like Konsa are hard to come by, quick ball playing CBs who read the game well? The mans a rolls royce defender, just effortless.
He hasn’t got a hugely long contract either and some clubs are sniffing around. Agree it’s a worry, that said if we got £50m+ for him I think there could be decent alternatives in Europe but it’s better to have the player than taking a gamble on cashing in

Grealish
Konsa
Martinez
Mings
Luiz
Targett

Watkins should be above most of these...

Watkins should be above most of these...

I think about this very differently.

Martinez, Mings and Konsa are critical to our solidity as a team. Without that solid base everything else we do would be compromised. We're not going to pick up players of their quality with EPL experience for less than 50MM (see Tarkowski quote).

Targett is probably the best English left-back around, I don't think Chilwell is as good TBH. Good fullbacks are hard to come by. Luiz I'll give you could be level with Watkins, lets remember Luiz is only 22, Watkins is 25. Luiz has all his best years way ahead of him. Keeping Konsa and Luiz into their mid-20s IMO is foundational to any attempts at winning the league.

Right now yes he's pivotal but would he be pivotal if we had Tammy. Thats how I think about him. I cant think of a GK, CB or LB we could get that wouldnt be a significant drop in quality. I think Tammy is an attainable player. I could see Chelsea selling him if they could get another CF and/or if Werner starts scoring.

I think about this very differently.

Martinez, Mings and Konsa are critical to our solidity as a team. Without that solid base everything else we do would be compromised. We're not going to pick up players of their quality with EPL experience for less than 50MM (see Tarkowski quote).

Targett is probably the best English left-back around, I don't think Chilwell is as good TBH. Good fullbacks are hard to come by. Luiz I'll give you could be level with Watkins, lets remember Luiz is only 22, Watkins is 25. Luiz has all his best years way ahead of him. Keeping Konsa and Luiz into their mid-20s IMO is foundational to any attempts at winning the league..

Yeah, when you put it like that we're not bad for a team that would be battling relegation without Grealish ffs 🙄;)