The Euros Summer 2021 Official Thread (2020) | Page 91 | Vital Football

The Euros Summer 2021 Official Thread (2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe we are just being miserable Dan? But I agree. Silly. The fans clapping and singing his name, 100% yes, but stopping the game?!

Maybe we are just being miserable Dan? But I agree. Silly. The fans clapping and singing his name, 100% yes, but stopping the game?!

I don’t think we are, but I respect the opinion of those who think we are.

For me, the actual game of football in terms of the 90 minutes of playing should be untouchable. A game can change in seconds, so an orchestrated kicking the ball out could stop a game changing moment.

There’s a lot of minutes silences, claps, armbands, tributes etc and nothing against that - we’ve all paid respects for people we don’t even know. Nothing against all that, some wonderful tributes - do it for an hour before the game, at half time and full time if you want - but the playing time should be the most untouchable thing on the planet.

Anyway, that’s just my opinion

I don’t pay as much attention to these things as I used to, but also the winners of some groups get to play a third places team whilst England have to play a runner up.

All about £££ though with UEFA.

No doubt.

I'm looking at the venues and fixtures, Italy play all 3 at the Stadio Olimpico while Wales had to go to fucking Baku to play 2 games, and their last one in Italy.

How was any of this decided?

Can someone knowledgable about the European game tell me how Martin Braithwaite is at Barcelona? He looks wank to me. From Toulouse and Boro, to Barca, how’s that work?

Belgium aren’t up for this game. I actually don’t think they are as world class as people make out, don’t get me wrong a lot of very good individuals and a decent manager.

But they look like they can go up levels if they need to in other games.

Last edited:
No doubt.

I'm looking at the venues and fixtures, Italy play all 3 at the Stadio Olimpico while Wales had to go to fucking Baku to play 2 games, and their last one in Italy.

How was any of this decided?
For host countries they’ve been given home ties where possible which is quite sensible…? Imagine if England were playing their matches in Munich whilst someone else played in Wembley for example, it would be a waste of time for everyone. Sticking games in far flung places like Baku and St Petersburg is the problem they should have set a maximum distance between venues and just kept it in Western Europe

Can someone knowledgable about the European game tell me how Martin Braithwaite is at Barcelona? He looks wank to me. From Toulouse and Boro, to Barca, how’s that work?

He was in the middle of a half decent season for Leganes in La Liga and Barcelona had a massive injury crisis. This happened after the January transfer window but in Spain there's a rule where you can sign a player if you have lots of injuries in his position outside of the window. The player has to be at another la liga club though.

So Braithwaite was just someone they could easily pay the release clause of and get him to essentially play for a few weeks whilst everyone else was injured then would be happy to be last choice. Leganes weren't allowed to sign anyone to replace Braithwaite as it wasn't down to an injury crisis so without their top scorer they went down.

He was in the middle of a half decent season for Leganes in La Liga and Barcelona had a massive injury crisis. This happened after the January transfer window but in Spain there's a rule where you can sign a player if you have lots of injuries in his position outside of the window. The player has to be at another la liga club though.

So Braithwaite was just someone they could easily pay the release clause of and get him to essentially play for a few weeks whilst everyone else was injured then would be happy to be last choice. Leganes weren't allowed to sign anyone to replace Braithwaite as it wasn't down to an injury crisis so without their top scorer they went down.

Now you’ve posted that, it does ring a bell that story. I’m sure I saw him name on the team sheet in champs league games this season

Moving forward to tomorrows' England v Scotland match.

I make no apologies for confirming IF Jack and Tyrone aren't selected, I will definitely be shouting for SJM and Scotland.

Even if they are on the bench, and even if they come on at some stage, I'll want Scotland to win, so Southgate can get all the shit that's due to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.