The Euros Summer 2021 Official Thread (2020) | Page 44 | Vital Football

The Euros Summer 2021 Official Thread (2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Swiss didn't seem to know their own anthem
Switzerland, oh Switzerland, we are staying out of this one
We are steadfast in our neutrality,
Resolute to the last to stay on the fence,
If you're going to have a scrap we will gladly hold your wallets,
Nazi gold, what Nazi gold? Honestly we don't know what you're on about,
Clocks and cheese and cheese and clocks,
Your stolen goods we'll keep under lock...

Can't remember the second verse.

Wales go 1-0 down and they fully deserve to be losing.

They are rubbish and I'm not bothered if the score to be honest particularly with Gobby Savage co-commentating.

The Welsh have been extremely lucky in the parts of the game I've seen.

Embollo looks very impressive. He's not a regular goalscorer but would be perfect for what we'd want him for and can play wide as well.

Also good god Robbie Savage is the biggest arsehole in all of sport isn't he. He's bloody unbearable.

Might not be the same player then, looked about 22/23ish to me.

But big, strong, willing runner, good control and quick - seemed very suited to our game, but only as cover.

Again caveated with 'as much as you should judge from tournaments'. He just stood out to me.

How the hell did any Premier League ref get picked for the euro's didn't UEFA see the shit shower that was last years Premier League season and var

Didn't see it but did he play well? 6-7 years ago there was huge hype around him, he broke in to the Basel team and scored a lot of goals for a 17/ 18 year old. He moved to Germany and really didn't push on.

Still only 24. He's someone you play with or wide of a goalscorer.

I'll be supporting Denmark in this next one. Villas Scandinavian connection means I lean towards them, Sweden and Norway anyway but the clincher was a very lovely Danish girl I met on holiday 15 years ago. A very friendly and accommodating people.

But big, strong, willing runner, good control and quick - seemed very suited to our game, but only as cover.

Again caveated with 'as much as you should judge from tournaments'. He just stood out to me.

Its the same one. He was in Basels first team aged 16. 24 now but he's not quite the new Lukaku he was touted as.

Anthony Taylor refereeing this game, have to watch it from behind the sofa… or maybe I should get the popcorn out instead. Either way something is going to happen

We were linked to Embolo back when he was at Basel, think Lambert was in charge at the time. As Pangloss says he never really fulfilled the hype he had back then

Its the same one. He was in Basels first team aged 16. 24 now but he's not quite the new Lukaku he was touted as.

Cheers, I'd assumed from Pangloss's post he must be around the 27/28 mark lol

In fairness Lukaku has never been the Lukaku he was touted as - but again, he stood out to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.