The Euros Summer 2021 Official Thread (2020) | Page 343 | Vital Football

The Euros Summer 2021 Official Thread (2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw that Kate Middleton who had to isolate from 2nd July was at both Wimbledon and Wembley yesterday. Said that she only had to isolate for 8 days which is complete bollocks.

Yeah, but some have had the alert late, so one was told to isolate for 5 days, because they were 5 days late telling the person.

Clear?

Yes, as mud.

So 342 pages of posts, and I’ve had more than my fair share and I’ll try and make this my last

To sum up England in one sentence courtesy of a Spurs fan I work with, we are the Tottenham Hotspur of international football.

Ha, yes, very good.

A lot of hype, a fair amount of promise, some stunning performances, ultimately though, disappointment.

The knives will be out when the raw emotion ends. Started last night when Lineker questioned the tactics slightly but you could see he then reigned it in because Shearer, Fat Frank and Rio were clearly wanting to continue to kiss ass everyone as is the want of pundits now who are soooo desperate to be liked by the current players.

The knives will be out when the raw emotion ends. Started last night when Lineker questioned the tactics slightly but you could see he then reigned it in because Shearer, Fat Frank and Rio were clearly wanting to continue to kiss ass everyone as is the want of pundits now who are soooo desperate to be liked by the current players.
The knives will come out for sure - the FA are not as ruthless as the likes of Abramovich, so it will be a while yet. Perhaps if England falter when the WC starts in September will be the ideal time. Southgate will not be in charge for Qatar 22 - who is in charge I don't know. The FA have tried the Johnny Foreigner route and have returned to the English managers. Not particularly bothered as long as it is not Dean Smith

The knives will come out for sure - the FA are not as ruthless as the likes of Abramovich, so it will be a while yet. Perhaps if England falter when the WC starts in September will be the ideal time. Southgate will not be in charge for Qatar 22 - who is in charge I don't know. The FA have tried the Johnny Foreigner route and have returned to the English managers. Not particularly bothered as long as it is not Dean Smith

I think Dean Smith is a very likely candidate tbh.

The silver lining for England is that most of the exceptional talent in the team is still very young. I think this is the real Golden Generation. If Southgate doesnt learn and England falters at the next WC then Grealish will still be at his peak in the next Euro's and should still be a real force at the following WC.

If you offered me the final before a bal was kicked I would have took it.
If you offered me beating Germany on the way to the final I would have took it.
If you offered me a team that would only conceded 2 goal all tourney .....
If you offered me a penalty shoot out I would have loved to have won it but would have taken it.....

There is so much good to take from this Champonship and we also have Ollie Watkins becoming an England striker to look forward to.

Over all 8-10

Those who racially abuse I hope you end up in the nick
Those who tried to ramraid their way in see above)

It seems that Dan was right. I saw a headline saying that Southgate was getting knighted for making England feel good, or something.

Now Southgate is saying he won't overstay his welcome.

Perhaps I'm putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5 but it sounds to me like he's looking at jumping ship while his stock is high. I wonder who would be foolish enough to take him. I'd say Spurs but they have just appointed a new manager.

It seems that Dan was right. I saw a headline saying that Southgate was getting knighted for making England feel good, or something.

Perhaps I'm putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5 but it sounds to me like he's looking at jumping ship while his stock is high. I wonder who would be foolish enough to take him. I'd say Spurs but they have just appointed a new manager.

Think it was one of the former player pundits who said whereas other managers might be eyeing top clubs whilst international managers, the England job is Gareth's ideal job. So not sure he is looking to 'cash in' so to speak, according to that at least.

Spurs fans would go into absolute mega meltdown and quite rightly if they appointed him.

Last edited:
It's all hindsight as always...

But after seeing Kanes 2mph sluggish runs lastnight, you can't help (bias) but think Ollie could of brought the energy needed. Especially against an ageing Italian backline. He's one of the fittest pressing strikers I've seen and he'd cause errors - similar to the Everton game.... Sterling, Saka, Jack etc could mop up. Ahhh well.

How so C&BB. I thought it was already announced the FA want him and he has said this morning he will take the job.
Maybe they did say that but to paraphrase Mandy Rice-Davies, "they would say that wouldn't they".
The dust will settle on this and he is likely to be sacked if the WC doesn't start well.

Here's an idea. The Queen should call beaky up for his knighthood and at the very last minute, snatch it away from him, kick him in the nuts and tell him he's a **** for not playing Jack.

Alright, that's my last post about Southgate.

Status
Not open for further replies.