The Euros Summer 2021 Official Thread (2020) | Page 322 | Vital Football

The Euros Summer 2021 Official Thread (2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't blame the penalty takers - blame Southgate for adopting Steve Bruce tactics for the second half. Trying to hold a 1-0 lead at this level is nothing short of scandalous.
The press will slaughter him tomorrow and rightly so.
It's in his DNA. Subbing Jack in the last game when we were so much on top, showed what a negative man he is. We probably would have stood a better chance of winning if they had scored first.

He and the FA will however see it as a bonus to have gotten to the final.

Well I wasnt going to have a go, but I cant help it.
We get the perfect start, and then we sit back and allow Italy to totally boss the game, and what does Southgate do, fuck all.
He should have seen that game was going away from us and he stood there and did nothing.
Cant even say we were gallant losers, because we never at any time gave it a go.
Sorry, but I would rather go down swinging every time.
All the usual shit now from the pundits, but at the end of the day the brutal truth is we lost again, but what really pisses me off is we had a squad good enough to win that tonight, but Southgate bottled it.
when you have attacking players like England have sat on the bench it says it all , he hasn't got a clue

Southgates approach got us to a final and it’s hard to argue with that.

however, it’s always rubbish losing something like this with questions of “what if?”.

what if he’d been more positive, what if he’d made changes earlier, what if he didn’t bring players on 3 mins before the end just to take a penalty, etc.

horrid for Saka :-(

Disappointing to lose in shoot out. Not sure I entirely buy “it’s a lottery”, when you see a ridiculous run up from Rashford it’s completely self inflicted. Putting players on to take penalties who haven’t had a kick, self inflicted again, getting the youngest player in the squad to take the decisive penalty… self inflicted. A good achievement to get to the final but after that start we should have seen it through in full time IMO

Southgates approach got us to a final and it’s hard to argue with that.

however, it’s always rubbish losing something like this with questions of “what if?”.

what if he’d been more positive, what if he’d made changes earlier, what if he didn’t bring players on 3 mins before the end just to take a penalty, etc.

horrid for Saka :-(

If we had been in the other half of the draw we would have got nowhere near the final.

Status
Not open for further replies.