The Euros Summer 2021 Official Thread (2020) | Page 321 | Vital Football

The Euros Summer 2021 Official Thread (2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too bad.
It's no way to settle a game as important as this.

Just a lottery isn't it? Got to be done. But heartbreaking. So hard for those who miss, you only ever remember them, not who score.

Not keen at all on the two subs being brought on just to take a pen, they weren't up to the speed of the game (and that isn't hindsight, said to dad before they took them) and feel sorry for a 19-year-old having the balls over and above older more experienced players, to take one.

If that was the plan with penalties, leaving the 3 youngest players in the whole squad to step up. Poor selection. Fair play to Pickford.
I just don’t get that stupid stop start run up. Whatever happened to pick your spot and give it a wallop. Give the keeper no chance.

Well I wasnt going to have a go, but I cant help it.
We get the perfect start, and then we sit back and allow Italy to totally boss the game, and what does Southgate do, fuck all.
He should have seen that game was going away from us and he stood there and did nothing.
Cant even say we were gallant losers, because we never at any time gave it a go.
Sorry, but I would rather go down swinging every time.
All the usual shit now from the pundits, but at the end of the day the brutal truth is we lost again, but what really pisses me off is we had a squad good enough to win that tonight, but Southgate bottled it.

Status
Not open for further replies.