The EU, taking the mickey right? | Vital Football

The EU, taking the mickey right?

thefacehead

Vital Football Hero
So the EU have decided to raid our country because we have a good economy at the moment -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-29751124

Surely that money will go to struggling countries right, I mean the EU is about fairness across the board.

Well, the EU wants to charge US 1.7 BILLION pounds, and the majority of that money will go towards rebates to...... That's right the two richest countries other than Britain in the EU - France and Germany.

This is simply mental, mental, absolutely mental!

It's OK, we can finally shut the gate on our tiny Island now, we can just send them our money instead!

Soft touch Britain getting mugged off as per usual.

When Germany were booming in the 90's and early 00's where was our rebate from them?

We need this referendum desperately, to see once and for all if we can get out.

On the other hand if we leave the meddling, piss taking, money grubbing EU, do we really want our corrupt, paedophile riddled establishment having the final say over our lives? We really can't win.

The funny thing is, they all seem to hate us in the European institutions yet do seem to like our money.

Oh and the further damage is people will turn to the uneducated vile joke of a group masquerading as a party as a protest, so we lose money and we lose any semblance of sense, not that there is any sense in our politics so maybe I should stop caring.

Does anyone know for fact if Germany were similarly punished or not when their economy was booming?

It's got to be the same rule for everyone surely?

Of course they were Deano.

Surely the bigger scandal is why we don't get any votes at the Eurovision song contest.

Whenever I am drawn into politics, after a while I need to cleanse my mental palate with some truth, George Carlin always does the trick

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aM_l7sjyUY4

You know what politics does the best? It divides us, and divided we are easier pickings. And not only that, it sets us against each other, even better for them!

DeanoVilla - 24/10/2014 14:08

Does anyone know for fact if Germany were similarly punished or not when their economy was booming?

It's got to be the same rule for everyone surely?

I did wander that, but there wouldn't be the level of outrage if that were true.

To me it just proves that we are a cash cow to the EU, nothing more, we have no influence in their decision making, I think we have opposed 50 odd motions and every single one has still gone through. Then they try and bill us for nearly 2 billion just because our economy is doing well, at the expense of the general public I might add. The poorer people of this country have suffered collectively over the last few years, we've had to endure pay freezes and all sorts, now this bunch of bastards think they can just come in and raid us?

Enough is enough, we can do without the EU, we did without there Euro, we're one of the biggest economies in the world, we only entered the EU in the first place because we were at our most vulnerable. Countries will NOT stop trading with us just because we are no longer in the EU.

Freeman14 - 24/10/2014 14:38

You know what politics does the best? It divides us, and divided we are easier pickings. And not only that, it sets us against each other, even better for them!

GET HIM LADS :13: :13: :13:

Also, that 1.7 billion is nearly a 1/4 of the 'hole' in the yearly budget needed to help fix the NHS, Europe can get stuffed!

Cameron on facebook

I'm angry at the sudden presentation of a €2 billion bill to the UK by the EU. It is a completely unacceptable way to treat one of the biggest contributors to the EU – and an appalling way to behave. I am not paying that bill on 1st December. It is not happening.

It is line in the sand time, if he doesn't draw it, he loses to UKIP and the right side of his party.

Give EU an ultimatum time maybe.