The EU plan to make all cars stick to the speed limit | Vital Football

The EU plan to make all cars stick to the speed limit

HeathfieldRoad1874

Miserable Sod
Thoughts on this?

I speed. Not everywhere, but on the Motorway and B roads when safe. I enjoy the speed, and i've never had an accident that was my fault or caused by exceeding the speed limit.

There have been times where exceeding the limit has prevented an accident, as I maneuver out of people's way.

I think this will frustrate the hell out of me!!!!!!

it will be an option on the car. Mine already has it. Don't switch it on. Other measures being announced as compulsory are Driver Alert, Lane keeping, both are already available today.

So far the technology isn't good enough to cover every road. I can't see it working by 2022.

The BBC are saying it can be temporarily overriden, say when overtaking a lorry, or joining a Motorway.

I think I'll just keep my old car!!!!!!

Thanks to whoever corrected the Title. You used to be able to do it yourself on the old forums!!!

Anyone been watching The Grand Tour? May had a new BMW, and because it was a pr-production model, you couldn't turn off the lane correction function. It made going around a racetrack very interesting!!!!!

A few of the factors which decide the safe speed to travel at:

Weather conditions
Traffic conditions
Road conditions
Road layout
How the driver is feeling
The condition of the car
The capability of the car

Those herberts who set the speed limits only look at the road layout and decide which speed is safe for everyone. It's a joke.

To be fair, it is only limiting speed. If you want to drive slower than the speed limit, you can. I will shunt you, and hurl abuse at you, but you can legally do it.

Since I got my new car I have to put up with arseholes speeding up close right behind me and I watch with delight as they fly off the traffic lights expecting me to race them to the next junction.... I just think its fcuking hillarious.
(I did actually embarass the spotty kid in his Peugeot 106 with tyres wider than the rims) But generally I dont race other cars.

Speed limiters............ naaaaah