The Emi Martinez Thread | Page 35 | Vital Football

The Emi Martinez Thread

Re: my swap comment earlier. I’m not seriously suggesting we get rid of him for anyone else. He’s a top drawer keeper. Hopefully this latest farrago can be sorted so that it doesn’t recur in such a damaging form.

I've never suggested swapping him, but if a big offer came in (say north of £65m then why not ? ) maybe get a top European keeper and have £20m change

Seems like he's going to be a star, doubt City will be selling him to anyone though.

But there's no way in hell we should even entertain offers for Emi, must be ranked one of the best in the world now.
i didn't realise he was rated that highly , either way what we paid £15m ? was a superb bit of business and absolutely shocking business by Arsenal. Hilarious we totally had their pants down.

i didn't realise he was rated that highly , either way what we paid £15m ? was a superb bit of business and absolutely shocking business by Arsenal. Hilarious we totally had their pants down.

I don't think it's that much of an exaggeration to be honest, he's certainly regarded as one of the best in the Premier League now and he's had his recent heroics with Argentina too. He's surely in the top 20.

I don't think it's that much of an exaggeration to be honest, he's certainly regarded as one of the best in the Premier League now and he's had his recent heroics with Argentina too. He's surely in the top 20.

Usual craic, I agree he has to be top 20 keepers in the world now but he plays for us. And if you're not playing Champions Lge. you won't be regarded as world-class.

Its like someone said he the other week. He who shall not be named was world class level when he played for us. Dean Smith, Aston Villa, the players and coaches all had a huge hand in that. Yet it will be Peps "masterstroke", he'll be given the title of the one who turned him into a superstar. He was already a superstar.

Same shit for Emi and anyone else if they leave before we make the "promised land".

Seems like he's going to be a star, doubt City will be selling him to anyone though.

But there's no way in hell we should even entertain offers for Emi, must be ranked one of the best in the world now.
Yes, he is right now, but this is a new season, he needs to get his head down from now on and prove it wasn't a one-off. He's not 21 he's 28/29 needs to play like he did last year week in week out. No reason why he shouldn't but as of now, he's had one good season.
Let's hope he puts this Argentina fiasco behind him and focuses on his club game, which got him the call up in the first place..
Harsh yes but he was Jed Steer two years ago.

Last season most were suggesting Emi was the best keeper we've had since Jimmy Rimmer, now after 3 games into the new season some are questioning him!:shake:
I think this is a bit dramatic. Noting that he has had a shaky start isn't questioning him. It's simply noting he has not got off the best start.

I think this is a bit dramatic. Noting that he has had a shaky start isn't questioning him. It's simply noting he has not got off the best start.

Is that enough reason for some to say we should sell him if a decent offer came in ?

Not in my eyes Jeff.

yep - if he's one of the best in the world and is again this season then other clubs will be in for him.
We need a backup who's a genuine contender or will be in the very near future