The Douglas Luiz Thread | Page 44 | Vital Football

The Douglas Luiz Thread

Do they show the football final on the BBC? I haven’t seen any Olympic football but this game obviously spikes my interest.

Good luck Dougie!

Last edited:
Good boost for Duggie..

Interesting point on the radio when they were discussing whether Richarlison should be rested after the Olympics ( naturally didn’t mention Luiz) . However , that aside point made was don’t give him a say two week break. Bring them straight into the squad, they are at a peak level of fitness, in the groove as it were. Then manage that through the season. Good idea. Luiz didn’t play that much at the copa did he ? .

Richarlison was awful. Blasted a penalty over the bar which I think was his second penalty miss in this tournament.

Good boost for Duggie..

Interesting point on the radio when they were discussing whether Richarlison should be rested after the Olympics ( naturally didn’t mention Luiz) . However , that aside point made was don’t give him a say two week break. Bring them straight into the squad, they are at a peak level of fitness, in the groove as it were. Then manage that through the season. Good idea. Luiz didn’t play that much at the copa did he ? .

No but he's basically not had any real break in a long time. Since the restart he's played the remainder of the 19/20 season. A mini holiday, a shortened pre season, the 20/21 season plus regularly flying out to Brazil to play in qualifiers, straight out to the Copa America, straight to the Olympics. Give the bloke a couple of weeks at least.

Good boost for Duggie..

Yeah, just looks like a good pre-season of training for them really doesn't it? And a great boost for him to win a Gold Medal as well.

Aston Villa midfielder Douglas Luiz tasted both defeat and a lack of game time at the recent Copa America competition where Brazil made it to the final, losing out to Emi Martinez's Argentina side, but the 23-year-old talent went one step further at the Olympics in Tokyo as he was more regularly on the pitch - and earlier this afternoon he helped them to victory over Spain in the Final.
https://astonvilla.vitalfootball.co...lla-fans-react-to-players-latest-achievement/

Just watching the highlights of Luiz for Brazil U23’s, and he seems to be playing in exactly the same position as he does for us in a two in front of the back four. Some on here want him to play higher up, which I’m not convinced in terms of position, but perhaps he does sit positionally too deep at times.