The Douglas Luiz Thread | Page 45 | Vital Football

The Douglas Luiz Thread

I guess different players have different tolerances and need more or less rest. It might be that we're trying to do the right thing by Luiz and give him the sort of rest that will benefit him over the long run of the season. Whilst Richarlison is being rushed back by an eager Benitez who needs to get good results early doors or face the wrath of fans who don't seem to want him.

In that case :shrug:
I'm guessing Everton let him play on the proviso that he was back fit to play the first game and we were a bit softer and let him have an extra week , which may or may not have influenced yesterdays game but he'd certainly have been in the squad if Bailey was and he only trained for a day

Different horses for courses and all that. Though if he’s not back for Newcastle something is a very much up.

I dislike the way players are gone for the Olympics, missing all of pre season and even worse, league games. But if we want Brazilian international players in our squad that’s the compromise, as it’s a big thing over there. Similar with African players in January or whenever the African CON is

Big season for Luiz, whilst I’m a fan of his he didn’t improve last season.

Everton as I said on the previous page are going to manage him and rest him appropriately during the season. While we fanny around give Luiz 2 weeks off and then he will be 2 weeks getting back up to speed.

Rafa has made the better decision in my opinion.

People forgetting Richarlison might have insisted in an effort to not fall out of Rafa's favour as he stamps his mark on the club?

This is the first player I can think of who hasn't taken a fortnight break, so how are the club or Dougie in the wrong here?

People forgetting Richarlison might have insisted in an effort to not fall out of Rafa's favour as he stamps his mark on the club?

This is the first player I can think of who hasn't taken a fortnight break, so how are the club or Dougie in the wrong here?
Because everything is always the worst it possibly could be, we're the worst run club, with the worst players and worst managers in the world and we could all do better by being Everton.

We were far too soft regarding Luiz.

Yes. Players don't need any kind of break. Perfectly fine that be should go immediately from England to Brazil, play a tournament, immediately fly to Japan, play a tournament and then immediately fly to England to play in the most intense league in world football.

The people whinging on here would all be throwing a wobbly if he came straight back and was knackered by autum.

Yes. Players don't need any kind of break. Perfectly fine that be should go immediately from England to Brazil, play a tournament, immediately fly to Japan, play a tournament and then immediately fly to England to play in the most intense league in world football.

The people whinging on here would all be throwing a wobbly if he came straight back and was knackered by autum.

No I think due to the small squad we have we shouldn't have let him go in the first place.

a week off will make no difference at all one way or the other, personally if it was me I'd be back making sure some fecker didn't nick my place. I guess it's just a job to footballers though

a week off will make no difference at all one way or the other, personally if it was me I'd be back making sure some fecker didn't nick my place. I guess it's just a job to footballers though

Physically I'm with you, but mentally it'll count.