The Diego Carlos Thread | Page 4 | Vital Football

The Diego Carlos Thread

Wow this one came out of nowhere. Don't know too much about him but Sevilla are a very decent side, regulars in the latter stages of European competitions so if this guy has been a mainstay of their side then it bodes well. Some concerns about his age and the transfer fee, but if he has that extra bit of quality and can perform for 3 years or so then it will quickly be worth it

Wow this one came out of nowhere. Don't know too much about him but Sevilla are a very decent side, regulars in the latter stages of European competitions so if this guy has been a mainstay of their side then it bodes well. Some concerns about his age and the transfer fee, but if he has that extra bit of quality and can perform for 3 years or so then it will quickly be worth it

The general vibe appears to be that the better Sevilla got and the higher the level they played at the better he became and that's exactly what you want to see when someone goes from mid 20s to late 20s - it implies there may be more to come as he enters his early 30s.

It's refreshing to see a defender attack the ball in order to win a header in either box.

We've had some great centre-backs in the past who used to do that every game but I haven't really seen a player in a Villa shirt do it for a while now.

Yes you have to have at least one who goes and wins it , how long until he gets his Brazil call up i wonder now he's in the big boys league

We’ve been a team of fannies for too long, clearly the need to toughen up has been long identified.

I'm unsure about Gerrard but I'm positive these players are signing because of him and he is the one that has identified we are a bunch of bottlers with inferiority complexes, the number of games we have thrown away this season is there for all to see and as I said at the end of the season I'd shed no tears over any of them if we sign better replacements