The Diego Carlos Thread | Page 6 | Vital Football

The Diego Carlos Thread

from Teamtalk

Diego Carlos has huge release clause – report
Sevilla only had to accept offers worth £63.7m under the terms of Carlos’ contract with them.

Instead, they allowed Villa to capture him for £26m, which is a big decrease. Plus, Sevilla will have to give £2.6m of that to his former club Nantes as they have a 10 per cent sell-on clause.

However, there are a couple of reasons why Sevilla didn’t hold out for the full £63.7m release clause.

Firstly, Carlos may want to prove himself in a different league. Therefore, he might not have given his all for Sevilla next season if he was forced to stay against his wishes.

Plus, the report reveals Sevilla are £34.8m in debt. That weakens their bargaining position and means a sale was essential to help balance the books.

from Teamtalk

Diego Carlos has huge release clause – report
Sevilla only had to accept offers worth £63.7m under the terms of Carlos’ contract with them.

Instead, they allowed Villa to capture him for £26m, which is a big decrease. Plus, Sevilla will have to give £2.6m of that to his former club Nantes as they have a 10 per cent sell-on clause.

However, there are a couple of reasons why Sevilla didn’t hold out for the full £63.7m release clause.

Firstly, Carlos may want to prove himself in a different league. Therefore, he might not have given his all for Sevilla next season if he was forced to stay against his wishes.

Plus, the report reveals Sevilla are £34.8m in debt. That weakens their bargaining position and means a sale was essential to help balance the books.

Apparently the lad that played alongside Carlos, Kounde, is a target for Chelsea and a few other top clubs. They think they can get 60m plus for him but because of this debt they're getting lowballed.

So it seems they were willing to sell the older player that no (Carlos) for less than they wanted so they could be in a much stronger position to negotiate with teams coming in for this other lad.

Its all good business from us as far as I'm concerned. So far we've got a top tier attacking midfielder, a young French international and an experienced CB who has been consistently performing a top 4 side in Spain for just over 40m. We paid out more than that to sign Mccormack, Kodjia and Hogan in the championship.

Apparently the lad that played alongside Carlos, Kounde, is a target for Chelsea and a few other top clubs. They think they can get 60m plus for him but because of this debt they're getting lowballed.

So it seems they were willing to sell the older player that no (Carlos) for less than they wanted so they could be in a much stronger position to negotiate with teams coming in for this other lad.

Its all good business from us as far as I'm concerned. So far we've got a top tier attacking midfielder, a young French international and an experienced CB who has been consistently performing a top 4 side in Spain for just over 40m. We paid out more than that to sign Mccormack, Kodjia and Hogan in the championship.

Just show you don't have to pay to dollar you just have to get top players at the right time

Just hoping we're not bigging this guy up before most of us have seen him play.

The way I look at it is Chambers who was a bit-part player at arsenal has come in and shown how bog-standard Mings and Konsa have really been when most of us thought they weren't the problem. Personally, i think Mings is the problem and work on the theory that this lad has been brought in because the powers that be think he's better.
If we start the season with Mings lining up ahead of him, I think I'l be across the pitch lobbing my season ticket at SG

The way I look at it is Chambers who was a bit-part player at arsenal has come in and shown how bog-standard Mings and Konsa have really been when most of us thought they weren't the problem. Personally, i think Mings is the problem and work on the theory that this lad has been brought in because the powers that be think he's better.
If we start the season with Mings lining up ahead of him, I think I'l be across the pitch lobbing my season ticket at SG

Seeing as Konsa will be out injured until September at the earliest I’d guess we’ll see big Diego lining up alongside Mings to start the season

it happens every season assumptions that we've unearthed a gem , then we see them play in the EPL and we see why top clubs never signed them.

So who would you have signed then? Apart from Chris Woods obviously. Ask your German pal for some scouting tips and send them onto Gerrard.