The dawn of a new era...... | Page 3 | Vital Football

The dawn of a new era......

Best of luck Slav only thing i ask is please give us entertaining football and excitement. If we lose 4-3 or 5-4 i will go home happyish knowing we gave it a go and entertained. Better we win 4-3 or 5-4 or even better 4-0 or 5-0. We can live in Hope or even Castleton
No mate, not for me. I want winning football not pretty football.

I'm not bothered about pretty football either i want attacking football i don't want we've got a point at 0-0 lets make sure we keep that point i want we've got a point lets make it 3 points and if we lose by the odd goal so be it but lets give it a go

Hypothetical Chippy.
I don’t see pretty football and winning football as being mutually exclusive. Indeed, I would suggest they very often go hand in hand - as per the first 4 years under Chris. :yes:
Winning football is pretty.

My expectations will rise if Slav is allowed to bring his own back room team in. No sign yet of the promised Spanish coaches. Sports Science needs a complete overhaul and was primarily responsible for the players having nothing in their legs for the majority of last seasons games. Much will depend on how much autonomy Slav has over such issues as bringing our player Coubillay over from Belgium. The interests of SUFC should be paramount over United World. We also need to display some competence in managing incomings and outgoings. The days of players leaving on the cheap should be long gone. We'll know come the end of August. Until then I'll avoid placing any targets on SJ.

Last edited:
Then you’re watching the wrong team chips you want the A57 going west

although tbf it’s winning and pretty my point is if you want to watch winning football watch somebody else cos it’s a rarity watching us

Last edited:
Andy Giddings

SJ: “I want to be impressed by the players. They know the challenges ahead of them. A new coach in the building. Every thing they show me is very good.”

SJ say his back room team will start work on Monday and Tuesday when they’ve completed their periods of isolation.

SJ: “We’ll need some fresh blood, but a lot of the quality and character in the squad is already here. It’s a question of evolution not revolution. One of the reasons I came here is because I trust these people can make me successful.”

SJ: “I must be prudent. I must check to see what I already have. Then I will see what solutions I can find.”

SJ on the prospect of big name departures: “I didn’t come here to sell the players. I have some information from the club side about Sander Berge; very good player, very expensive and I want to coach him. (Feels the same about Ramsdale).

SJ: “We need to take risks, to dominate. I believe every player can play differently. Football must be simple, it’s not only shooting and running, it’s for clever people as well. People need to open their mind to find solutions.”

Yorkshire Live

Slavisa Jokanovic says he is not expecting Jack O'Connell to be part of his pre-season plans as the defender continues his recovery from injury.
"Jack has come back from New York," he told Yorkshire Live.

"From the medical department I don't have any feedback that he will be ready soon to start working with me. Right now he is not in my plans.

Nothing unexpected, case of wait and see.

Last edited:
Then you’re watching the wrong team chips you want the A57 going west

although tbf it’s winning and pretty my point is if you want to watch winning football watch somebody else cos it’s a rarity watching us
I remember watching us win 30 league games. That was very pretty Bully.