The Danny Ings Thread | Page 4 | Vital Football

The Danny Ings Thread

Delighted we’ve signed a top striker. I thought it was a bad move to go into a season relying on Ollie, an injury to him and I think we’d be struggling to score. We all know Davis isn’t good enough, neither is Wes.

Ings should go straight into the starting XI, Watkins will have to (and I think want to) have more freedom to work the channels and float a bit more.

Delighted we’ve signed a top striker. I thought it was a bad move to go into a season relying on Ollie, an injury to him and I think we’d be struggling to score. We all know Davis isn’t good enough, neither is Wes.

Ings should go straight into the starting XI, Watkins will have to (and I think want to) have more freedom to work the channels and float a bit more.

I could see Ings and Watkins starting with Ings actually beginning on the left.

McGinn Luiz Buendia
Bailley Watkins Ings

Southampton actually played Ings playing off the left a lot last season.

always said Watkins isn't a Nr 9

I could see Ings and Watkins starting with Ings actually beginning on the left.

McGinn Luiz Buendia
Bailley Watkins Ings

Southampton actually played Ings playing off the left a lot last season.

Yes, he does drift left, key is though they can be fluid. I just didn’t think it suited Ollie to be stuck so much up top on his own when jack was out, but they can switch it up when they need to.

Exciting times.

What the hell!! A wonderful surprise there. As much as I like Watkins he misses too many chances, Ings is a finisher. Wow I have gone from being down to buzzing!

not too sure about this one tbh

it'll cause a fantasy football dilema for sure

bit odd if we're changing formation but good player when fit
(shame we're partially funding the dippers mind)

just need Platy to get the two bobs now -
c'mon do it for the lads