The Cricket Thread | Page 83 | Vital Football

The Cricket Thread

Yes, the opening day of a test match and both teams bowled out and then the team batting first had to go again for the last over of the day.

It looks like it might be a long hard day in the field for Ireland.

Yes, looks a totally different pitch today. There's no way England would have batted as poorly today, but Irish bowlers struggling for rhythm a bit today and Roy looking much more at ease than yesterday.

I think an England lead of 250+ by late today/lunch tomorrow would make it very difficult for Ireland to get anything from this.

Jack Leach out for 92, having been dropped twice. So close and yet so far - what a great knock by the nightwatchman!

England 182/3 (effectively 60/3) with Root and Denly at the crease.

More shambolic batting from England's middle-order - 243/7, effectively 121/7.

But it's ok, Sam Curran and Woakesy are at the crease. They won't f**k about :wahey:

More calamitous batting - 2&4[even if it wasn't his fault] can both stay in the nets for sure. Let's hope this is the last collapse of the summer.

If England's lead had been 150 or less (it's currently 181 with one wicket standing) I'd have given Ireland a 50/50 chance of getting an historic win.
Now it's probably 65/35.
But never say die - till you're dead.

Was enjoying TMS earlier today with mercurial commentary and banter between Tuffers and Aggers whilst Leach was performing heroics, then a switch of commentators resulted in a sudden downturn as the conversation switched to whether or not 'she' liked something called Love Island or Big Brother. Do me a favour Beeb.

Was enjoying TMS earlier today with mercurial commentary and banter between Tuffers and Aggers whilst Leach was performing heroics, then a switch of commentators resulted in a sudden downturn as the conversation switched to whether or not 'she' liked something called Love Island or Big Brother. Do me a favour Beeb.

Yes it was Sir Alistair Cook who bought the subject of Love Island up , so you agree with me that he needs to improve his punditry.