The Cricket Thread | Page 110 | Vital Football

The Cricket Thread

All done and dusted. England win by 6 wickets. England 164-4 Sibley 56 not out!

:clap:
Great knocks by Sibley and Buttler. Could easily have gone south when Root and Lawrence went in quick succession.

Very good effort by England in the this series. I read that this is the first test in history when all first innings wickets were taken by seamers and all second wickets were taken by spinners.

Great knocks by Sibley and Buttler. Could easily have gone south when Root and Lawrence went in quick succession.

Very good effort by England in the this series. I read that this is the first test in history when all first innings wickets were taken by seamers and all second wickets were taken by spinners.

Yeah, and we lost the toss and had to bat second in both matches.

Steady start for England in the 1st Test at Chennai.

91/2 after 41 overs, Root and Sibley taking care of things at the moment.

We were 63/0 until Burns tried a ridiculous reverse sweep just before lunch and was caught behind, with Lawrence following swiftly after for 0.

Honours even at the moment I would say.

I had tickets to see Alec Stewart's 100th test match in 2000. It was Old Trafford. He get's his 100 on the Friday ......but my ticket was for the Saturday which was a boring day of West indies scoring runs without us threatening them in any way.

Sensational win by the West Indies in Bangladesh.

Chasing 395 to win they did it by three wickets and 15 balls to spare. The 6th highest run chase in test history.

Sensational win by the West Indies in Bangladesh.

Chasing 395 to win they did it by three wickets and 15 balls to spare. The 6th highest run chase in test history.
Yeah saw that. And Kyle Myers hit 210* in the 4th innings - on his DEBUT! - to win it. The only other player in Test history to do the same was Gordon Greenidge with 214* v England in 1984.

(Although GG not on debut).

Good effort by England today as well.

All out for 578, reduced India to 257/6 at the end of day 3. Good work by Dom Bess with 4-55 and a swashbuckling 91 by Rishabh Pant, who really took Jack Leach to the cleaners. Leach had the last laugh when he caught Pant off Dom Bess.

Should be a very interesting final two days, England very much in with a good shout of winning if they can get India all out early doors tomorrow.

Good effort by England today as well.

All out for 578, reduced India to 257/6 at the end of day 3. Good work by Dom Bess with 4-55 and a swashbuckling 91 by Rishabh Pant, who really took Jack Leach to the cleaners. Leach had the last laugh when he caught Pant off Dom Bess.

Should be a very interesting final two days, England very much in with a good shout of winning if they can get India all out early doors tomorrow.

If only Pant's brother was playing.

Then there would be a pair of pants.

I thank you.