The Cowleys in talks with Sheffield Wednesday? | Page 3 | Vital Football

The Cowleys in talks with Sheffield Wednesday?

I commuted from Lincoln to Sheffield for 10 years - it’s a doddle... the more I think about this one, and 1/2 odds I’m rapidly losing my concentration on tonight’s match☹️

I've been convinced for some time now that if we win promotion to the Championship under Danny & Nicky we'll pay the ultimate price and lose them. But I'll be surprised if they jump ship just yet especially as they're still in the process of building a team capable of challenging for promotion. They've always said they would like to take us as far as they can.

But I guess everyone has their price and the unrefusable offers are destined to come

Gutted would be an understatement! Please not yet

Really cant see it..the window has shut.he has picked a good squad for this year. Wed already have there squad Danny and Nicky like to pick there own . Bought in loan players two days ago . Not going to happen . Maybe next may then 2 or 3 yrs west ham

You have to go back to Trevor Francis in the early 90's to find the last time a manager got the sort of time at Wednesday that he's been here.

I think Sky have picked this up from the DM article.

I'm not convinced this is 'on'.

EDIT - Tell a lie, Brian Laws was there around 4 years wasn't he?

You have to go back to Trevor Francis in the early 90's to find the last time a manager got the sort of time at Wednesday that he's been here.

I think Sky have picked this up from the DM article.

I'm not convinced this is 'on'.

EDIT - Tell a lie, Brian Laws was there around 4 years wasn't he?
Me either, course they have.

The mid season (albeit only 6 games in) would be contrary to DC mantra- he wants his own team, built by himself and NC and he knows he won't get 3-4 years as he has here- nor will he have the influence in who they buy nor will he be a member on the club board.

BUT (whether we like it or not) he will be joining a significantly bigger club with resources we can only dream about and an annual wage packet which would take years to earn at LCFC.

Wouldn't want to be him and NC trying to weigh this up- his comment on the pre match interview tonight about how many DRFC fans were expected says it all- he asked Rob Makepeace "how many do WE get at OURS" shows how much the club means to him- their personal investment in our club in enormous.

Who knows- end of this season I thought we may lose them if we did well. But wasn't expecting anything right now.

Not sure which is worse- waiting for the Brexit vote tonight in parliament or waiting for news on DC....

Personally wasn't too worried until the club said "Danny and Nicky will be in charge of the team for tonights game". That sounded ominous and raised more questions than it answered.

Bizarrely, I rung the club up this afternoon and they also told me both Danny and Nicky Cowley would be in charge of the 1st team tonight. The reply was came back, funny you are the 23rd person to ask the same question today.

Last edited: