The Cowleys in talks with Sheffield Wednesday? | Page 16 | Vital Football

The Cowleys in talks with Sheffield Wednesday?

Good news..... whatever they do or don't know, Skybet are now only 1/5 on DC being next SW manager. It's still very short......

Should I put my worry beads away?. Even if they stay for now , the next 'big' club with 'massive' potential will pitch up on the horizon when they bin their manager/coach. It'll all start again on some betting site. Sky sports news will be all over it like a rash and their bloody clock will be on show.

At the rate of Championship manager moves/dismissals, 19 last year, we'll get one about every three weeks.

Problem is, Wednesday tick more boxes than other approaches IMO.

They've always said they'd find it difficult to leave during the season because they can't get what they want to into the players but they'd probably compromise that for this.

That said, I still think there's a bit of mileage left in us yet. Them leaving is edging closer, no doubt about that, but I don't think they've taken us to our peak yet and I still think these opportunities will crop up again over the next season or two (especially at the rate managers seem to get the chop!).

Indeed the majority of championship sides change their manager pretty much annually, so if the wait they'll be another one along soon.

Signed a 3 year deal apparently.
According to a times article written last night.

There have been no articles on The Times' website about this. The sports desk has little interest in rumours about a L1 manager possibly going to a middling Championship club.

Good news..... whatever they do or don't know, Skybet are now only 1/5 on DC being next SW manager. It's still very short......
Think about it, 20% interest on your money for lending it short term, even the 11% when it was 1/9 would be great......if you knew for certain it was a done deal.
If the bookies KNEW anything they wouldn't be quoting a price at all. They THINK it's the most likely outcome, probably from a combination of a twisted grapevine and a few speculative bets, but no way do they know it for a fact.

Whilst not the best thread for this, I know it has cropped up in here so will add.

The Times are reporting that the EFL have ordered an independent valuation of Derby, Sheff Weds and Reading stadiums following the exploited loophole of the buying back the stadium to circumvent FFP.

Good news for football finances generally as long as this is a proper investigation.

Whilst not the best thread for this, I know it has cropped up in here so will add.

The Times are reporting that the EFL have ordered an independent valuation of Derby, Sheff Weds and Reading stadiums following the exploited loophole of the buying back the stadium to circumvent FFP.

Good news for football finances generally as long as this is a proper investigation.

but what can they do?

I'm not entirely sure but one would think the EFL have punishments for clubs deliberately circumventing FFP which this would come under.

Good news if that could happen.
If clubs could be found to be in breach if these rules (such as they are) then proper penalties should ensue, namely demotion one if not two levels.

Think about it, 20% interest on your money for lending it short term, even the 11% when it was 1/9 would be great......if you knew for certain it was a done deal.
If the bookies KNEW anything they wouldn't be quoting a price at all. They THINK it's the most likely outcome, probably from a combination of a twisted grapevine and a few speculative bets, but no way do they know it for a fact.

Exactly correct.

I'm not entirely sure but one would think the EFL have punishments for clubs deliberately circumventing FFP which this would come under.

And it would immediately be appealed.

"You sir, were offered a haircut for £15, yet you paid £20."
"Is this a judgment of my stupidity or my beneficence?"

The EFL have ordered it.....that's all right then....I'm finding it hard not to laugh.

Problem is, Wednesday tick more boxes than other approaches IMO.

They've always said they'd find it difficult to leave during the season because they can't get what they want to into the players but they'd probably compromise that for this.

That said, I still think there's a bit of mileage left in us yet. Them leaving is edging closer, no doubt about that, but I don't think they've taken us to our peak yet and I still think these opportunities will crop up again over the next season or two (especially at the rate managers seem to get the chop!).
where do you think our peak is?