The Conor Hourihane Thread | Page 2 | Vital Football

The Conor Hourihane Thread

Well we need a big and more importantly quality squad so they’ll all get their chance. Connor usually hits the target and I’m delighted for him and for us! Same team Brighton to start anyway.

No doubt one of our best players, even though 57 won't admit it.!

I'm really shocked Man Utd aren't being linked with him, given how crap they are a cheap alternative to SJM or Jack obviously he's better than those two if you read this forum :Fingers:

I'm really shocked Man Utd aren't being linked with him, given how crap they are a cheap alternative to SJM or Jack obviously he's better than those two if you read this forum :Fingers:
Why would he go to Manure? They are so far from being anyone's destination of choice atm. Im sure McGuire is regretting signing already :slap:

LOL.. sorry 57, I was being filmed (ooooh, ark at her) and needed to type something for a close up!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Championship is more physical from a strength point of view but in my opinion it is the speed and oppositional positional which will make the EPL more difficult. I think its partly why Tammy and strikers in particular have a difficult time stepping up. They get the time and space they had, it'll be incredibly interesting to see how Grealish fairs as openings like Hourihanes goals vs. WBA are more unlikely to happen.

Harry Kane didnt make it at a lower level so it's not unreasonable to say others arent the same but obviously Harry Kane is in fact world class and has evolved since then. Im sure he'd eat the Sheffield Wednesdays of this world without salt now.

Certainly still has a part to play but not a starter for me.
Hi CDX.Can you please settle the Connor Hourihane debate? The old fellah was from a few miles west of Bandon so l would say Connor's surname as Hew-ree- harne. Anywhere near?

Where I'm from it would always have been pronounced Who-ra-han, but if Conor knows better than I'll go with him.

It is mostly a Cork name anyway so he must be right.

I’ve not really got anything to support my theory, other than his style of play, but I reckon Connor could do better in the Prem than the Championship. He’s got a good football brain and in my opinion a wand of a left peg.
You may be right. I didn't rate him last year - looked like a 'model pro' and scores a few but not much creativity and didn't affect games enough. He seems to be doing better now with good holding midfielders.

You may be right. I didn't rate him last year - looked like a 'model pro' and scores a few but not much creativity and didn't affect games enough. He seems to be doing better now with good holding midfielders.
Cork cousins called Cullinane but pronounced in West Cork as Cull-narne. Any Corkies out there to settle this matter once and for all?

Possibly my favourite current villa player. Adds not only goals and assists but also balance to the shape of the team.