The Championship Thread | Page 9 | Vital Football

The Championship Thread

I know we should’t Get carried away but WBA and Fulham are the teams to beat. WBA are efficient and Bilic will have them set up to not lose too many. Parker on the other hand sets Fulham up to attack across the width of the park. Feel Leeds arn’t As fluid as last season. Preston and Bristol reman dark horses. Now for the next 5 games before another break. On paper we should have a good return from the next 5. Can all go wrong yet.

Everyone doesn’t play well against Preston. Note Brentford after the game today saying that they were competitive in all games except Preston.. we too were awful in first half v Preston. Looking at P N E forums they are underestimated by all. It isn’t the first season that this has happened.

Neil has Preston playing to their maximum, can they last the distance? Lots of twists and turns yet, let's hope we are still in the mix come January and we bring in what we need to kick on .

Domestic football is back! YaY!

Cardiff v Sheff Wed tonight

I'm hoping for a draw cos these two could be in the mix come May.

The Championship is a strange old league. This w/e we play Wigan who are once again struggling. Many supporters at Forest feel this is a win for Forest and is viewed as one of the easier fixtures. In fact Wigan has lost only once at home over the past 15 games (over half a season). Forest must not take this game lightly and must start the game positively. Non of these slow starts we have seen v Charlton, Preston etc. We will need energy in midfield. Is Samedo and/or Sow fit to start?

On paper (always a problem) WBA and ourselves have a group of easier fixtures between now and the next international break. If the form book holds we could see a small gap between the first two and the remaining group. Always dangerous to project too far but can't help myself.

I tend not to look in to future fixtures. Try to avoid finding out who we have coming up. I just focus on the next game. :coolio:

The Championship is a strange old league. This w/e we play Wigan who are once again struggling. Many supporters at Forest feel this is a win for Forest and is viewed as one of the easier fixtures. In fact Wigan has lost only once at home over the past 15 games (over half a season). Forest must not take this game lightly and must start the game positively. Non of these slow starts we have seen v Charlton, Preston etc. We will need energy in midfield. Is Samedo and/or Sow fit to start?

Forest have never won at the DW!

On Sky too, but should be a great away following - COYR!

I don't think anyone thinks it will be easy at Wigan, Polly. But, if we have any aspirations of automatic promotion this is a game we should be winning. :hmmm:

It does but that means as polly says, high energy, tempo and desire to take something from the game. For me as long as we take something from away games and do the business at home we will be in the mix. If we can keep churning out away victories without dropping too many pts at home then we might have a stab at automatic.

At this stage in the season, consistency and the ability and motivation to keep adding pts is crucial. The team has got itself in an excellent position but cannot afford to relax for a moment. However, a bit of focus and application could see us still up there at xmas and this becomes a virtuous circle.

A win tomorrow would help pick us up where we left off but a draw wouldn't be the end of the world.

I don't think anyone thinks it will be easy at Wigan, Polly. But, if we have any aspirations of automatic promotion this is a game we should be winning. :hmmm:

You know how you was saying earlier that AC is really easy? Well he isn't he's actually very hard on the photos he just sent to my inbox.

It does but that means as polly says, high energy, tempo and desire to take something from the game. For me as long as we take something from away games and do the business at home we will be in the mix. If we can keep churning out away victories without dropping too many pts at home then we might have a stab at automatic.

At this stage in the season, consistency and the ability and motivation to keep adding pts is crucial. The team has got itself in an excellent position but cannot afford to relax for a moment. However, a bit of focus and application could see us still up there at xmas and this becomes a virtuous circle.

A win tomorrow would help pick us up where we left off but a draw wouldn't be the end of the world.

I agree with all of that, but I've become a tad frustrated with settling for draws away from home (not just this season, but in general over the years). You've gotta fucking die to get 3 points home and away.

I agree with all of that, but I've become a tad frustrated with settling for draws away from home (not just this season, but in general over the years). You've gotta fucking die to get 3 points home and away.

My heart agrees, my head says no easy games in this league. We have improved our game managemennt but there is also the marathon to consider.