The Championship Thread | Page 44 | Vital Football

The Championship Thread

Can you PM me the password for my Boszi account duck? I have some juicy goss regarding mass extermination and a New World order meeting that TOOK place in Clumber Street McDonalds. Hiding in plain sight
JC21's got the password but he's sitting on it because he wants to be #1 conspiracy king.

If Silva has had his appendix out he shouldn't be out a month if all goes smoothly, maybe 3 weeks at a push still shite timing. Hopefully sows ok for a game or 2, semedo actually looked decent last time so maybe he can carry that on. Carvhallo has to get a look in tonight.

I'd drop grabban back as a 10 and give nuno a run up front.

If thats not working, lolley middle and diakhaby on for nuno.

Do you mean Nuno, as in Da Dosta?

Only he has been out with an abductor injury; be great if he is fit but the reports suggest otherwise.

You could argue that we should have around 10 more points, just in the last month or so. (Reading x 2, Charlton, QPR are 9 points dropped for a start).

If Sabri had chosen the right starting XI. (One for you classicists out there!)

If we'd held onto leads.

If we'd signed better players in January.

And all these things are true. But I'm sure there are plenty of counter-arguments. We create so few chances that we're lucky with any big decisions going our way (Cardiff claims for a penalty when Cash tackled from the wrong side, penalty 99 times out of 100).

So 4th is fine for the moment. But if the team finally gels now, and Carvalho returns to take it up a level, we might be pleasantly surprised. We have enough quality, but we're not always great at passing to a teammate in the final third.

With such a strong defence, this side should be destroying teams. If they can tweak those fine margins from now on in, there's still time to challenge the top two. But it needs a settled, dominant midfield, so probably won't happen.

My phone showed me a hilarious article from Leeds Live for some reason. The headline alone is priceless: “Leeds United's rivals handed suspension boost as yellow card cut-off looms”.

Paranoia or what? It reads like the EFL has suddenly handed out gifts to all Leeds’ rivals straight after the Leeds keeper gets an 8-match ban.

The article is just as funny: “In terms of yellow cards, Leeds United are one of the most well-behaved teams in the league”... because they have 3 players on 7 yellows while we have one player on 8? Makes no sense at all.

This is the clickbait piece.
https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/leeds-uniteds-rivals-handed-suspension-17853509

Have not seen enough of Bostock to be confident but he did have a good last quarter v Boro. Millwall are very robust and direct and feel the extra physicality of Yates, plus his height may be the factor that gives him the edge and starts. Bostock is more flowing and easier on the eye and may well get on in second half. Carvalho showed class both in open play and from dead all situations and surely must start. Ameobi is likely to play 75 mins before being rested with hip problem. Mighten or Johnson must be before Diakhaby.

We must find a way of ensuring Jed Wallace cannot receive the ball and not be under pressure. Ruberio, Yates and Watson with support from Ameobi must squeeze him.

I think its official now...Sow is the midfield version of Hobbs... you cannot build a team or an area of the team, on a player that he is more injured then fit, no matter how good and effective he is when on the pitch.
In the summer we have to look for a replacement as his deputies are not good enough .... let's hope that Silva doesn't start feeling 'homesick' too... or else the decent signings of this season will only be Bryce and Ribs...

Diakhaby could shit in the team bath after the match and still get a game before Carvalho, Mighten, Johnson etc etc.

Brum cleared of misconduct charge by independent panel. No points deduction this season. Does anyone know when Derby and Wednesday will be heard. If 10 points puts both in more. Ever hopeful.

Brizzle 1 up over Fulham not great for us, great for Leeds and wba who will pretty much be uncatchable if they both win this weekend.

It's probably all going to be academic now the way we are going on but Fulham have equalized which if it stays like that I suppose is good for us in theory

Keeps brizzle at arm's length, if we are lucky we won't take to much damage from the chasing pack. We need a performance and a win next or we will be in a slump at wrong time.