The Championship Thread | Page 126 | Vital Football

The Championship Thread

If we could afford to play a player like Dowell we could afford to play a player like Carvalho
And that’s the problem we have in a nutshell. The way we play doesn’t lend itself to that type of player unless they are consistently creative. At this level that just doesn’t happen with this sort of player although I would love SL to give Carv one last try before consigning him to the ever expanding Forest scrapheap.

And that’s the problem we have in a nutshell. The way we play doesn’t lend itself to that type of player unless they are consistently creative. At this level that just doesn’t happen with this sort of player although I would love SL to give Carv one last try before consigning him to the ever expanding Forest scrapheap.
We didn't even use him as a plan B when we were losing
,which was difficult to fathom out.

I'd definitely love to see him given a chance because in the right side/formation/tactics/whatever I'm sure he's got a lot to offer.

The Carvalho situation is a conundrum that needs to be resolved once and for all.

Moving him on might be the quick fix the Club wants; the problem with that is Mendez has us by the balls - the player moves when he decides he moves.

If he stays, he needs to play, or, at the very least, be seriously challenging for a place.

For that to happen Lamouchi will need to get his thinking cap on and figure out a way to accommodate him, even if it is only as part of a plan B.

The prospective new signing, which will give us two dynamic box to box players, is maybe a sign that Lamouchi wants us to be playing much further up the pitch, or he has designs on letting Carvalho play his game behind two forwards

The Carvalho situation is a conundrum that needs to be resolved once and for all.

Moving him on might be the quick fix the Club wants; the problem with that is Mendez has us by the balls - the player moves when he decides he moves.

If he stays, he needs to play, or, at the very least, be seriously challenging for a place.

For that to happen Lamouchi will need to get his thinking cap on and figure out a way to accommodate him, even if it is only as part of a plan B.

The prospective new signing, which will give us two dynamic box to box players, is maybe a sign that Lamouchi wants us to be playing much further up the pitch, or he has designs on letting Carvalho play his game behind two forwards

I clicked on the 'Post reply' button after the "Plan B". In the meantime I read your final paragraph. This is exactly what needs to happen. Last season there was such a disconnect between the defence and attackers. Every now and then we got it right and attacked with pace down the flanks (very often ending with nothing though). While it's great being 'hard to beat' (until the final games) we were always sacrificing our attack. Other than defence, we had nothing in the middle of midfield, no link up with the forwards or anything. Where does a player like Carv show his (obvious) talents in a situation like this?

I clicked on the 'Post reply' button after the "Plan B". In the meantime I read your final paragraph. This is exactly what needs to happen. Last season there was such a disconnect between the defence and attackers. Every now and then we got it right and attacked with pace down the flanks (very often ending with nothing though). While it's great being 'hard to beat' (until the final games) we were always sacrificing our attack. Other than defence, we had nothing in the middle of midfield, no link up with the forwards or anything. Where does a player like Carv show his (obvious) talents in a situation like this?

There has got to be a way to get him playing.

If Norwich think Dowell is capable of pulling the strings for them this season, then Carvalho should be ripping this League a new one; he is twice the player Dowell will ever be, and that is not under valuing Dowell's ability.

I agree with Plummer in so much as Carvalho has not displayed any signs of lack of effort or disinterest when playing; if he has thrown his toys out during training, as has been rumoured, then Lamouchi needs to sort it out so he starts the new season with a clean slate.

The interesting thing about the centre backs signed this close season is that they are bigger and won’t be bullied in the air so easily but more importantly they are quicker and more mobile than Figs and Worrall. This allows the centra defenders to be more attacking And move upfield 10 15 yards. This allows a more creative midfield more time and n the ball and options further up field. I will expect Forest to be able to defend, like last season and break with speed but also expect them to dominate the ball and press in oppositions half.

The interesting thing about the centre backs signed this close season is that they are bigger and won’t be bullied in the air so easily but more importantly they are quicker and more mobile than Figs and Worrall. This allows the centra defenders to be more attacking And move upfield 10 15 yards. This allows a more creative midfield more time and n the ball and options further up field. I will expect Forest to be able to defend, like last season and break with speed but also expect them to dominate the ball and press in oppositions half.
We haven't signed any centre backs yet have we?

Id settle for the ability to launch an attack with more than just grabs and at a speed faster than your granny. Baby steps tho. I do agree that so far we are trying to address known issues and replacements with the players we have bought. Time will tell if we have bought wisely.

Do you have a link to him being dynamic? The report I read made him sound a Sow type.

De Costa seems to be the forgotten man right now, im sure hes our number 9 and yet to play in the 9 role yet