The Carabao Cup Thread | Page 9 | Vital Football

The Carabao Cup Thread

Certainly showing the wheat/promise moving forward from the chaff that should've been booted over 12 months ago (granted not seen the whole half).

Good performances from the three first teamers (Grealish, Watkins, Mings). The midfield and full backs and El Ghazi are all dreadful. We won't win many if we are relying on any of them for much of this season.

Really disappointing that it looks like Taylor is going to be the back up to Targett again this coming season. He was awful in the championship and Targett is far too injury prone to have someone like him as the alternative.

definitely. Even though he got an assist, looks vulnerable against league 1 opponents. Maybe there is a young left back that could come through

I’ve played in Sunday league teams where we practiced attacking corners more than our hit and hope.

I don’t want to criticise Mings in the first 38 minutes of the new season, but this strutting around to make a tackle needs to be managed out of his game. It really winds me up

Looks a right lazy cocky arrogant C word doesn't he Dan

I know its only Burton, but all those MANU fans slagging Jack off, if they are honest, he does look class. He and Watkins have stood out as a cut above everyone on the pitch.

What does the average Man U fan know about football? They have a lot of opinions about things they nothing about.

We have a fairly strong team out, with the exception of midfield. They are not working well together in my eyes. I think Mcginn or Dougie added to this line up and we would have cleaned up by now.

Also happy we are focusing on pace with new transfers. Villa are not in a rush tonight!