The Carabao Cup Thread | Page 4 | Vital Football

The Carabao Cup Thread

Interesting to see Nyland, Marvelous and Lansbury in despite being supposedly being on the list of players we're trying to ship out. You'd have thought Steer would be in over Nyland at least. Glad to see Ramsey given a start though.

It was interesting that Wolves hadn't even played a friendly before last night , yet they were much sharper that Sheffield Utd.

Wow, i didnt know that, they started brilliantly too, They did play a huge amount of games last season so i guess they thought the rest would be more beneficial

Interesting to see Nyland, Marvelous and Lansbury in despite being supposedly being on the list of players we're trying to ship out. You'd have thought Steer would be in over Nyland at least. Glad to see Ramsey given a start though.

I’d guess we’re saving Steer for Monday. Don’t think Deano would throw Martinez straight in for that with such a short space of preparation time.

Really disappointing that it looks like Taylor is going to be the back up to Targett again this coming season. He was awful in the championship and Targett is far too injury prone to have someone like him as the alternative.

I’d guess we’re saving Steer for Monday. Don’t think Deano would throw Martinez straight in for that with such a short space of preparation time.

I'd still prefer Steer. I don't trust Nyland at all. Though in fairness this competition seems to bring the best out of him.

DS obviously giving the second tier a chance to prove themselves. Why not? If they play well he'll know he's got some options. If they don't he can forget about them. If they lose, well, so what. With the number of games coming up he needs to keep his A list players fresh for the PL. We'll see a very different team for Monday.

Good Ramsey getting a start.

Squad players not getting games probably affects the mood in the camp so it's a balancing act from Deano and also a showcase for some to be looked at for any possible sale although with some of the salaries they are on it would be difficult to move them out.

I'm looking forward to having good look at Ramsay and see for myself what he's about.

Good luck to the Villa boys.:utv: