The Carabao Cup Thread 2019-20 | Page 134 | Vital Football

The Carabao Cup Thread 2019-20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same ali.
I heard the reason why west ham are claret and blue, is cause when they started out villa as a charitable gesture gave them our kit.
Is this true?
Yes, it's true - we played them in a friendly and, IIRC, they didn't have proper kit so we gave them ours.

Watching the goals again , they are 2 great finishes.

Trez's wasn't easy at all.
I think that's what made it all so special, not just a last-minute winner but that it was such a great cross and an epicly difficult technique to hit it right but boy did he finish it - such a well deserved reward for Trez who's work rate is absolutely phenomenal and has been since minute one at Villa.

Here we go again. Reported on SSN. Police investigating clashes during pitch invasion at Villa Park last night. Maddison appeared to be pushed before fans clashed with Police. Why do these idiots feel the need to run onto the pitch. We won a game off football. They are pathetic. The club should use the cameras to identify as many as possible and take away their season tickets.

The difference in Nyland from his first appearances to the last three games he's played in is phenomenal. He's improved 1000%.
Great to see Sammagoal get his debut, unlucky with that unexpected bounce in front of goal.
Trez's goal was well deserved for his work rate alone. I think with a bit more shooting practice he could be a double figure scorer every season.
The best bit of the night was seeing Keinan Davies on for the final 25. I really like this kid.

Don’t know whether I’ve missed it but I can’t believe that nobody has mentioned Super Jacks assist for Targetts goal last night. Playing the ball off his standing foot. The guy is a genius.

Good point, I'm sure I've read that somewhere else!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL

yes mate, agree, lovely pass.

JPA from front page article

On a less positive note, I was not impressed at all by the pitch invasion, however good-natured it may have been. When it came, it was depressingly predictable, despite the repeated requests as the game drew to a close. It also prevented the rest of us who did not feel the need to stick two fingers up at the club announcer from celebrating with the players from afar.

I realise that as a club, we have been starved of these kinds of nights for far too long, but the fact remains we have won nothing yet and to invade the pitch in this manner is incredibly small-time. It doesn’t happen anywhere else apart from non- and lower league clubs where they genuinely have little else to celebrate

Totally agree. https://astonvilla.vitalfootball.co...-as-trez-brings-the-house-down/#comment-59472

JPA from front page article

On a less positive note, I was not impressed at all by the pitch invasion, however good-natured it may have been. When it came, it was depressingly predictable, despite the repeated requests as the game drew to a close. It also prevented the rest of us who did not feel the need to stick two fingers up at the club announcer from celebrating with the players from afar.

I realise that as a club, we have been starved of these kinds of nights for far too long, but the fact remains we have won nothing yet and to invade the pitch in this manner is incredibly small-time. It doesn’t happen anywhere else apart from non- and lower league clubs where they genuinely have little else to celebrate.

Totally agree. https://astonvilla.vitalfootball.co...-as-trez-brings-the-house-down/#comment-59472

I was really disappointed with that. Was so looking forward to celebrating with the players and belting out Sweet Caroline and got neither.

I really think it is small time. It's a semi final ffs.

Here we go again. Reported on SSN. Police investigating clashes during pitch invasion at Villa Park last night. Maddison appeared to be pushed before fans clashed with Police. Why do these idiots feel the need to run onto the pitch. We won a game off football. They are pathetic. The club should use the cameras to identify as many as possible and take away their season tickets.

Not heard any Leicester players complain about this. I did see Leicester fans fighting with the stewards behind the goal, police came over and got involved with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.